Mint

• Vegetarian
Contact 802-496-5514

4403 Main St (at Bridge St), Waitsfield, Vermont, USA, 05673

Tea lounge and restaurant. Emphasis is on organic, local ingredients. Menu contains an eclectic collection of dishes.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Beer/Wine

First Review by will-travel-for-food

Wonderful! - Edit

Most of the menu was vegan and with the exception of 1-2 dishes all could be made vegan. Not a huge menu, but certainly enough choices and variety and it changes monthly. Nice wine list and extensive tea list. they have an espresso machine too. Very relaxing setting and beautiful candles on every table. Quiet atmosphere. The corn chowder was incredible, my stir fry had lots of variety and was a huge portion, and the desserts were imaginative and delicious. Highly recommended.

Mint in Waitsfield - Edit

Pro: Mint has a great location and very nice decor. A perfect little spot, it seems.
Pro: The menu was limited, but interesting. The food was absolutely delicious. The presentation is a bit "fussy".
Cons: The atmosphere that evening was stiff and unwelcoming. The person on the phone refused us a 6:30 reservation, but when we arrived for the 6:00 rez, only one table was occupied and when we left just after seven, only two tables were occupied. What's with that!!!???? Beyond that, the waitress did absolutely nothing to make it a nice dining experience. Though we had looked very forward to the evening and were more than positive about the menu, she was very cold to us. The place just did not exude lightness of spirit or friendliness. I don't think we'll run back there.

Pros: interesting food options, great location, very nice decor

Cons: stiff, unfriendly atmosphere, cold, inattentive server, pretty pricey and not even a fun experie

Delicious dinner after a full day on the slopes! - Edit

My husband, a friend and I tried Mint a few days ago, while skiing at Sugar Bush. We found the restaurant on Happy Cow and were looking for a treat after a great day skiing. We really liked the intimate, cosy and artsy ambiance of the dining room, with dim lights and candles burning inside beautiful Asian inspired candle holders. A very nice surprise! The menu is short, with lots of clearly marked vegan and GF options. For starters, we tried the avocados stuffed with a lentil salad and the root vegetables/squash/ginger soup. Both were very good. Simple and well done. We tried 3 different dishes for the main course: pomegranate glazed eggplant and tofu, rice noodles with fried tofu and tempeh shitake and leek stew. We enjoyed the 3 dishes, but we all agreed that the tempeh dish was the best, the most creative and flavorful. They only had one choice for vegan dessert left and it was out of this world! A dense and rich chocolate mousse, topped with chocolate beads. So good! The portions are small enough to try 3 courses, especially after an active day. We were so happy to have such a great dinner close to the ski resort, making the whole weekend even more enjoyable!

Pros: Ambience and decor, Delicious food, Very friendly service

absolutely wonderful! - Edit

My partner and I enjoyed a delicious meal this evening at Mint. The service was excellent, the food was so lovely that words fail me, It was a delightful experience, and the food we had included an eggplant tempeh dish served over rice. The flavours were exquisite, and every item in the dish jumped out with its own contribution to an excellent combinstion, We also had a wild mushroom polenta dish, with mozzerella cheese, and the flavour of each mushroom added something special to the polenta, which hummed with amazing flavour.
Highly recommended by a longterm vegetarian! Absolutely loved our dinner!

Just Reopened After Being Damaged by Flood - Edit

They were flooded by Irene and just reopened a couple weeks ago. The food was fantastic as always. I highly recommend the tempeh bowl (black beans, kale, cranberries, rice and tofu sauce). It's so good it's the only thing me and my husband have ordered off the menu.

Pros: excellent food, good value, high quality

Cons: Far Away, Limited Vegan Options, New Space is Sparse

Amazing Place! - Edit

I've been to Mint about 6 times now and always have had a wonderful meal, and great service. The Cranberry Greens with beans and tofu sauce is so yummy!! The owners are nice, it got a great vibe to it for sure.

Pros: Tea collection, Hummus, Vegan desserts

Amazing! - Edit

I had such a wonderful + delicious evening at Mint. What a treasure + definitely worth a drive to enjoy. Everything on the menu was so tempting. The food is simply gorgeous + tastes over the top! You can feel the passion for food. Mint is a beautiful place - yet also carries a cozy atmosphere with equally inviting owners. I can't wait to return!

Pros: excellent food, all entrees can be made vegan, warm + friendly staff

Yum! - Edit

Hooray, a nice vegetarian place in VT! I truly enjoyed eating at Mint last night - great service, delicious food, drinks, and desserts! Would have liked a few more vegan options for dessert, but the tart I had was delicious! Great for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike (and very special for my vegan self).

Great Atmosphere and Delicious Food - Edit

My husband and I went here last night and we loved it! The place is small and the atmosphere is great - really relaxed. The food was fresh, filling and delicious. It was a little pricey but you pay for what you get.

Pros: atmosphere, service, good food

Cons: price

Delicious meal in an adorable village! - Edit

We had the pleasure of dining at Mint this past weekend. We both ordered the same special entree, which was a broccoli and pine nut casserole. The casserole was comprised of baked layers of potatoes, broccoli, tofu sauce, soy mozzarella, and toasted pine nuts garnished by some crisp green beans ($15) -- and it was delicious! See attached photos of our meal. For dessert, we ordered a slice of the chocolate peanut butter tart ($8). The presentation of it was lovely, with lavender buds accenting the plate. We did wish that the tart had a bit more chocolate and peanut butter flavor, as it was a bit bland. However, the delicious entrees were reasons enough to be fully satisfied with Mint! They have an extensive tea selection as well as a small selection of wines. We stuck with hot mulled cider, which hit the spot on the cool evening. The vibe at Mint was very laid back and warm, with lots of tea light candles, beautiful tapestries, and colored walls. Our waitress was very nice, too. I would highly recommend stopping by Mint if you're anywhere near the Waitsfield area. It's worth the drive. Before your meal, be sure to check out the cute covered bridge right up the street, as well as the thrift shops and artisan galleries that bookend the restaurant.

Pros: delicious entrees, mellow atmosphere, quaint setting

Cons: so-so dessert

Return to Waitsfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mint closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1531 times since Sep 2009.