First Review by iamere

Really nice - Edit

All the food was really tasty and the service good. Definitely worth going there.
The cooking class there is real fun and I would always do it again! (Just dont choose to learn how to do the pancakes because its premixed powder so basically nothing you learn)
Only critics I have is that we learned how to do the sweet and sour soup in the cooking class and when we ordered it the other day. It was very different from what we learned and not even half as tasty.

First Restaurant We Went To - Edit

After a bus trip from Hue to Hoi An my mum and I were both hungry and looking to find somewhere to eat. After seeing the reviews of this place it is where we ended up. We order the stuffed tofu and a noodle dish and both were so nice! After we order we saw the sign about the white rose dumplings and have since been back and tried them also and they are amazing! MUST COME HERE WHILE IN HOI AN!
The street it is on also has a few other vegetarian places so stay around this street for maximum deliciousness!

Pros: YUMMY, Cooked fresh, large menu to choose from

Best food I had so far in Vietnam! - Edit

The food was so good!! Had tofu, garlic fried rice, fried spring rolls and aubergine. I drank the most amazing passion fruit juice. My hotel is close by so I will definately come back here during my stay in Hoi An.

Pros: the amazing food!

Cons: none, just eat here!

amazing!! - Edit

I ate here 4 times in the three days I was in Hoi An. After my first meal, I signed up for a cooking class which was awesome. There were 3 of us in the class and we learned to make 4 different dishes of our choice off the menu. The banana flower blossom salad and the sautéed pumpkin with peanuts were both my favorite. Such a lovely staff too. And it's very reasonably priced !!! Love this place

beautiful food and incredibly cheap - Edit

I ordered the Pho, White Rose and a Kumquat juice, and I highly recommend all of it! Food was served literally within 5 minutes of ordering. Super cheap, we got 4 mains and 2 drinks for $9USD. Walls are lined with Vietnamese comic books which were great to have a look at.

favorite place to eat and relax - Edit

This place is amazing. Most of the items are vegan, the menu is extensive.

The price of beer is dirt cheap, like 3000 VND for one fresh beer.

The best part which I didn't see mentioned in any other review is the fact this place is covered wall to wall in manga. The front wall is open, the atmosphere is really nice. I stayed here and relaxed for a long time after eating.

I recommend the set menus. The oven braised eggplant was good, but the BEST thing was the fresh pho noodles. I don't know what they are seasoned with but it was incredible. I ordered this every time. The curry soup is okay.

my only complaint is the fact people smoke inside of here. I know that it's not en enclosed building, but that's so inconsiderate and outright disgusting. It would be better if the staff asked people to step outside to smoke.

Ohhh...So Delicious and served with so much warmth - Edit

It was one of the best vegetarian food we have tried in Hoi An with quality ingredients and a warm heart. It is a walk from the city centre, as we entered we were warmly greeted and graciously served. This was a breath of fresh air, given that many vendors here just want to sell you anything at a ridiculously high price, sadly the attitude is grab as much money as you can with the flavour of grumpiness. My sense is it is ignorance, that they are burnt out by the tourist overload and overcome by greed. We have travelled around the world and so for this place takes it to the extreme so you learn to be sharp and tune in to your intuition. There are valuable lessons to be learned from each experience, good or bad. Each place has a gift to share. This place felt sincere. We tried the local dishes like Cao Lao, Rose dumplings....felt so good and clean after eating it and price was more than fair. I have signed up for a cooking class for Monday a.m. and they offered to take me along to the market to buy the fresh vegs so that I can experience it from a local perspective, very much looking forward to it.

Many places here add MSG, legacy of war time rationing but this place felt like it did not, I think. Please confirm.
Well Worth the effort to get here.

Updated from previous review on Saturday April 02, 2016

Pros: Quality ingredients, served with a genuinely warm smile

Cons: walk away from town, but worth the effor

Amazing Cooking Class - Edit

We visited this restaurant last night for dinner. It is a wee bit out the ancient town but totally worth the comute. I had the grilled tofu stuffed with mushrooms in banana leaf and my mother had the grilled mushrooms in banana leaf. we also tried the veg white rose. Everything was super delicious and not expensive (we paid 300k for 2 persons with drinks).

We also inquired about their cooking class which we too today in the morning. It was very personal bc we were the only two participants and the owner showed us how to cook veg phô, rice pancake and spring rolls. It was absolutely delicious and despite the language barrier understandable. A balanced mixture between "show how its done" and DIY. Costs is 15 USD per person.
Without exhausting trips to the markets and no boat trip.
theres a class 11 am and 4pm, if you wanna join just go there an hour early and tell them you want to do it.

Pros: varied, authentic, cheap

Cool place - Edit

Arrangements are nice, lots of shelves full of Manga. Nice place.
Portions where going to small, but they were OK, spicey as well, normally in Vietnam they give you the spice and you use it but it wasn't like that here.
I've tried the white rose, it sounds like a design dish and that is what you get. Small.

not inexpensive and small portions! - Edit

I went there for lunch today. decided to order White Rose for 39'000 Dong bc it was one of the cheapest dishes and a specialty.
I don't understand why this Restaurant is listed as inexpensive. the cheapest dish on the menu is 29'000 Dong, most are over 40'000.

i honestly didn't know what White Rose was supposed to be like. Was really surprised when I received a tiny plate with sth on it. Not filling at all. Could be a starter, not more! there was way too much vinegar on this dish for my taste.
I saw the springrolls somebody ordered. again: tiny!

wouldn't go there again. You'd probably have to spend at least 60'000 to get full.

Pros: specialties like White Rose, nicely decorated (Mangas in Vietnamese)

Cons: tiny portions, quite expensive

Great and filling food - Edit

Stopped by for lunch on the way from the bus station. Had one of the set menus for two which offered tasty variety and filled us both to the brim. Still had room for dessert of course and tried the ominous sounding snow fungus and aloe Vera sweet soup which was actually quite nice. Never seen a mushroom in a dessert before!

The tables are decorated with comments and "business cards" from previous customers which is kinda interesting.

Delicious!!! - Edit

Really nice restaurant with a lot of options on the menu. The place is nice and close to the center. The food was really delicious and there you will have options that you will not see anywhere else in vietnam. Would recommend this place to everyone!

Everything very good - Edit

I came here because I read many positive comments on Happy Cow and Trip Advisor. Well, it deserves the 5 stars. My husband and I tried many dishes: the skin tofu salad (very good tofu), the wonton (yummy), the white rose (I was very excited, it was so nice to taste a Vietnamese typical recipe made vegetarian), the tofu in the banana leaf (amazing, although a little bit too spicy) and a pot of tofu. Everything was very good. Nice place, I recommend it!

Pros: Food!, nice staff

Cons: I just wish they had vegan pancake

great vegetarian food! - Edit

food was amazing, on the quieter side of hoi an but not very far from the centre. the food had so much flavor and all treated very fresh.

definately recommend this place!

Pros: lots of choice and flavoursome

Probably the best vegetarian place in town! - Edit

A very nice place with a wide range of vegetarian and vegan dishes, including local specialities that is normally made of meat. The staff is very friendly. On the con side they could have done more out of the atmosphere. You definitely have to eat there! ✌

Pros: Lots of vegan options, cheap, great food

Cons: Atmosphere

Great veggie food, bookish atmosphere - Edit

Slightly north of the city center, this fun cafe offers delicious vegetarian and vegan options with a good mix of options and an atmosphere with full of small serial graphic novels. Try the white rose if you haven't had one yet in Hoi An. The hot and sour soup was delicious but very different than the Chinese version Americans may be use to (its more like a spicy pho with tofu).

Pros: Lots of options Affordable Pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Slightly smaller portions than usual in Vietnam

Delicious and interesting - Edit

Very very nice vegetarian food, and also a refreshingly different menu! Unique ingredients and menu items make this a must visit. Dish prices vary from about 40K to 80K ish. I recommend the mushroom stuffed banana leaves. Nice dessert too. Lovely decor, friendly staff, bizarrely organised menu (desserts at the front, after breakfast)

delicious! - Edit

I wish I had more time in Hoi An to try more of there dishes! Went twice and both times the food was delicious, fresh, authentic and healthy.
My family are meat eaters but enjoyed and raved about their meals. Would definitely recommend anyone to come and support this family business and taste this amazing food!

Delicious! - Edit

So happy to find this place as the food is amazing. I might have to eat here everyday!
I tried the local set menu for 1 person and had heaps of food. The spring rolls are the best I've ever had. Loved that I could try vietnamese food without worrying about any fish sauce.
Location and atmosphere great too. I am a solo female traveller and they made me feel very welcome :)
Highly recommend!

Pros: absolutely fabulous food, price

Cons: there are none!

Tasty and interesting food. - Edit

Minh Hien has a lovely atmosphere - light, breezy, with an amazing collection of graphic novels (in Vietnamese).

The highlight for us was the stuffed tofu with tamarind, wrapped in banana leaf. Great flavours, and really interesting preparation and presentation.

All washed down with a few glasses of Fresh Beer (at 3000VND) makes for a great meal.

Pros: Good food, Bilingual menu, Friendly, helpful staff

Tasty food, great atmosphere. - Edit

I really enjoyed eating lunch at this place both times I visited, not just because of the tasty food but also because the atmosphere there was very mellow and you could linger over your meal. I even opted to work there for a couple of hours one afternoon and the wifi was fast and reliable. I'd recommend trying the white rose and any of the aubergine dishes. The only thing I didn't love was the Banh Xeo, it wasn't the best I've eaten in Vietnam because the rice wrappers hadn't been well soaked and were a little too crisp to wrap around the fried pancake pieces.

One of the best - Edit

It's a super nice place, very cozy, relaxing atmosphere, tasty and fresh food. I especially liked the noodles, really flavourful.

The place is spacious and the staff are really friendly, not pushy, kind of unique for Vietnam. It's a really cozy place just to sit back and relax. I wish there were more places like this one. Highly recommended.

Not everything is vegan, hence four cows.

BE CAREFUL! There is a COPYCAT restaurant right on the oposite side of this, its design is somewhat similar and it does state it is vegetarian but its menu is full of meat dishes!

Pros: Friendly service, Laid back vibe, Tasty food

Cons: Not everything is vegan, Vegan dishes are not marked

enjoyed each visit - Edit

I ate here twice. The firat time i had the set menu which for 100,000 vnd you get 4 dishes (white rose, spring rolls, wantons and cau lao). The next time i went vack i had the white rose again (it really was very good!) and the stuffed tofu wrapped in banana leaf).

Pros: great dishes, reasonable prices, big selection of dishes, interesting setting and was always quite budy when

Cons: the staff can be a bit slow (except the older guy

veg*n versions of Hoi An classics - Edit

Having read so many positive reviews of Minh Hien we were excited to find it open during the Tet holiday period when we hadn't exactly been spoiled for choice when it came to veggie restaurants. The books that line the courtyard are pretty much all Japanese manga translated into Vietnamese and we had a flick through a few while we waited for our food. The atmosphere was casual yet busy with people drinking beer, smoking, and playing cards. Every table was full!

We tried the wonton soup with a slightly sweet broth flavoured with rich shitake mushrooms. The wontons themselves were big and floppy and filled with creamy tofu and zesty ginger. The ban xeo was the perfect balance of crunchy and chewy with a great peanut dipping sauce. The tofu skin salad was meaty and juicy with shredded, maybe marinated bean curd skin and mixed mushrooms balanced by lots of fresh herbs and thinly sliced raw onion.

Would have loved to have done their cooking class and tried more of their takes on famous local dishes but ran out if time. Sometimes there just aren't enough meals in the day...!

Fresh, cheap and absolutely delicious!!! - Edit

We ate at this place about 7 or 8 times in our 5 day stay here and to be honest, it was difficult to go anywhere else.

This place had a great price tag
Fresh ingredients and herbs
Big menu of unique vegetarian items
The staff are helpful and smiley

Thanks!!!!

Good and off the main drags - Edit

i actually am staying 2 doors down from this place. so ive been there a few times. try something new every time and they never fail to make me happy. the first time i went and looked at the menu up front, the owner started to walk up to me, like they do at every restrnt in touristy nam. i kinda gave him the evil eye and he sat back down. ive tried this trick on dozens of rstrnt workers and it never ever works. this made me like this guy alot without even meeting him. he let me check out his menu in peace. how awesome. too bad its not a huge one, but i enjoyed. there is plenty to choose from though. and like i said its all been good. and the staff continues to be non-pushy. that may be the best part of this place. so refreshing. im sure its a touristy bs thing to be pushy cuz seems like all the local type places i go, i can relax. like this place...

Pros: all good food so far, calm cool staff, can relax while eating

Cons: a little pricy for vietnam

Good food and great cooking class - Edit

We had dinner twice during our stay in hoi an and joined the cooking class. I think the food is good, some dishes excellent (try the stuffed tofu in banana leaf or the rice pancake), some good but a bit bland (the tofu with tamarind was rather average, in my opinion). I also liked the simple dishes - great vegetable curry and the pho was good, too.
However, what really makes this a "must visit" in my opinion is the overall concept. This is one if the few places I've come across where you would actually live to stay for a drink or two after dinner. The local beer tastes good and us very cheap (3000 dong), they have fresh and tasty juices and since vegan deserts (the owner is helpful and speaks decent English).
Also the cooking class was definitely worth it. You get to pick the dishes you would like to learn and they show you how to make them - and you get to eat them in the end. One of the best "souvenirs" for me.

Pros: Cooking Classes on offer, Extensive menue, Friendly people

Highly recommended - Edit

I have few things to add to previous reviews. It's a cozy place where you can get many tasty dishes for a good price. We went there three times and always received friendly and professional service. The only improvement could be marking vegan dishes on the menu because quite a few items on the menu include eggs or milk.

About location: the correct coordinates are 15.882734, 108.327160 (you can copy-paste them to google maps). Be aware that there is a non-vegetarian copycat restaurant on the oposite side of the street.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 23, 2014

Pros: friendly service, good value, local dishes

Cons: hard to know what dishes are vegan

Great cuisine of Hoi An! - Edit

I love this nice restaurant. We are tried Vietnamese cuisine for the first time here. Especially liked the salad with tofu, noodle soup and white roses. Good service and good price :-)

Pros: Vegan meals , excellent food, friendly staff

Amazing - Edit

It was wonderful being able to try local foods including White Rose, Pho and Vietnamese Pancakes. All the food was amazing, as was the service. The prices were much more reasonable than the 'touristy' restaurants as well. Highly recommended.

Pros: Selection, Quality, Price

Nice little place, good value for money :-) - Edit

I had read super positive reviews about Minh Hien Quan Chay on Tripadvisor, so decided to try it out with my parents.

It's an unpretentious, no frills kind of place; tables and chairs outside in a little courtyard, with a huge bookcase full of books behind the dining area; it's hot, very hot but there are fans which can be turned on to cool you down.

The menu had a good selection of Vietnamese style dishes, but my dad and I decided to get the set lunch for 2. It came with fried spring rolls, rice noodle, peanut & tofu salad, tofu with lemon grass (wrapped in banana leaf), and banh xeo (Vietnamese pancake). It was great value for money and was just the right amount for 2 people to be satisfied. I wasn't wowed by the homemade ice cream (I had chocolate) but my mother who had the 'rice ice cream' said it was really good.

In a place as small as Hoi An where you aren't spoilt for veg choices, Minh Hien Quan Chay is a safe, and welcome, bet.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 21, 2014

Pros: Good value for money, Good Viet veg food, Set lunch

We went back! - Edit

We loved the food here and made sure to go back one more time before leaving Hoi An. As others have said, its a little outside the popular old town area but worth it. The restaurant is not as fancy as places in the old town but the food is beautiful, the staff are friendly and the value is amazing. We figured those things were much more important. We've had some great vegie food in Vietnam so far and this was some of the best.

Pros: Delicious food, Great value for money, Friendly staff

Cons: Outdoor dining might not please all

Nice Food - Edit

We really enjoyed the food here, had about 5 or 6 dishes between two of us and all of them were great. We loved the company of the cute dog that we think belonged to the owners. The only downside which is not the fault of the owners is getting hassled to go to a shop of a woman that walked in from the street. She would not leave us alone. As I said, not the fault of the owners but no one asked her to leave either.

yummy, good service, value for money - Edit

Nice atmosphere, really good service.
Food was really tasty and good potion sizes. 2 of us ate mains, drinks (beer only 3000!) and shared a desert for 120,000 so decent value. One of the best veggie places I've been to in Vietnam so far.

Welcoming people and nice food - Edit

We ate here several times after trying other vege places and being a bit disappointed. We are not a big fan of "mock meat" and we like it here that there was more just tofu-based dishes.

The food was not mind-blowing, ok, but still good quality and tasty, with a range of dishes. We didn't try any white rose or anything, just stuck to the basic soups and noodles and all were consistently yummy.

The restaurant is set in a peaceful quiet lane and the staff are so kind and friendly. We liked the lotus tea and asked where to buy it and the owner gave us a packet. Small things like this mean a lot when you are far from home.

We are a family of 4 and our children felt right at home here and asked to come back again. Also a very reasonable price for what you got.
Updated from previous review on Monday April 28, 2014

Pros: Welcoming and friendly, Not too much , Family atmosphere

Despite the reviews, it's a bit disappointing - Edit

I had the set menu for 1 person, which include 4 local specialties, fried wonton, white rose, cau lau (local rice noodle) and fried spring roll. The food is ok or average, but definitely not great. The wonton is a bit old, the Cau Lau is plain and a bit greasy. The fried spring roll and white rose is common standard.But dishes are too salty, I need to drink a lot of water after the meal. Besides, I had a young rice ice cream for dessert, I doubt it's just regular ice cream put in a glass with a bit chopped peanuts and shredded coconut. The food there is not as good or stunning as the review says. I can get nice food from a local restaurant with much cheaper price. It's no need to make such a fuzz about all these fancy places, it's all about appearance, not food itself.

Pros: cute dog, western style dish arrangement, complementary fruit and tea after meal

Cons: it's form over content, too salty

Totally overrated - Edit

I disagree with the reviews posted here. Food was uninspiring and overpriced by local standards. I usually eat in cheaper and more local vegetarian restaurants, where I get tastier food for half the price (like I did in Can Tho, My Tho, Nha Trang or even Hoi An). The food at Minh Hien Quan Chay wasn't bad, but it wasn't very exciting either. The fancy names of dishes on the menu, the type of service, the setting, the overpriced food: this place is basically a vegetarian restaurant for bobos and tourists, nothing else.

Best Vegan Food in Vietnam! - Edit

This place is AMAZING! Absolutely the best food we have had since arriving in Vietnam and some of the best food Ive eaten in my life! Extensive menu, friendly, warm hosts, excellent service, very cheap too! We dined here 4 times in 2 days it was so good (we generally always eat somewhere different every day but it was just so good we woke up dreaming about the food and had to go back!). We also did the cooking class here after searching for the best veggie one we could find - this won in terms of food and value. We had the set menu on the first visit, consisting of 4 dishes which was fantastic value at 98,000 dong and is more than enough for 2 people to share and feel full. We raved about it to our meat eating friend and then took him back there with us and he devoured the set menu on his own he loved it that much! Took another meat eating friend there and he couldnt get enough - it really is superb. As a vegan, this place is to die for! Plus good quality local beer at 3000 Dong. Whats not to like?!

Pros: Vegan versions of local specialities , Fabulous cooking classes, Very cheap food and beer

Minh Hien Quan Chay. - Edit

We visited this place twice and both times enjoyed the foods.
My comment on the white rose, didn't like it tried one and left the rest. Glutanious white rice flower, tasteless, nothing about 'white roses'. But the service during Tet was a bit slow, but very nice family working to serve the full house. Busy place both times.

Pros: well presented dishes, variety of foods, very helpful

Cons: highly spicy, seasoned, service

Excellent food and great value - Edit

This place is excellent, a must try if you are in Hoi An. Not glamorous to say the least, but do not be fooled, the food is amazing. After several average meals in Hoi An, we found this place and then didn't want to eat anywhere else! The fake chicken was so good I stopped eating it, thinking it had to be chicken....until I asked and they explained how they make it with tofu skin. Incredible value and so many amazing dishes to try. The fresh spring rolls are unbelievable, and definitely try their specialties (the white rose, eggplant, all marked with asterisks on the menu). This place is rated #2 in restaurants overall in Hoi An on Tripadvisor, which shows just how good it is. Owned by a sweet family, working very hard, nice to see them get recognized.

Pros: Great food!, Great value!, Excellent fresh spring rolls

Cons: Very modest atmosphere

the fresh spring rolls of my dreams - Edit

I'm still dreaming about the delicate, incredibly flavorful fresh spring rolls here, one of my favorite single dishes I've had in any restaurant.

After my amazing full meal here, I also walked out with four orders of spring rolls to go (which took some convincing, as the waiter was understandably nervous we were miscommunicating!). Two days later, I walked back for more. :)

This place isn't tough to find so much as just a long walk from the touristy center of town - you will think you've gone past it, but don't worry, just keep going and it will be worth the trip.

Pros: INCREDIBLE FREAKING SPRING ROLLS, extremely affordable even for central VN, very rich flavors in all dishes I tried

Really good - Edit

We got the set menu here and were stuffed. It has a nice atmosphere and some interesting options including local favorites like chrispy pancakes and Cau Lau. Staff are friendly and helpfull.

Pros: good food

My favourite dinner so far in Vietnam - Edit

Huge variety, friendly staff & delicious food. Amazing value - We ordered 6 dishes to share & with a couple of beers & the bill came in under USD $15. Enjoyed immensely by 2 veg diners plus my 13 year old son - highly recommended. They also offer cooking courses where they'll teach you to cook items from the menu - planning to check it out if we find the time

Pros: variety, value for money

Great restaurant in Hoi An! - Edit

We (5 people, 3 of them veggies) have been here three times during our stay in Hoi An because the food was really great. Each time we tried different dishes and were never disappointed. If you want to try the local food like Cao Lau or White Rose you have to go here. The food and moreover the drinks are really inexpensive and the owners are very nice.

Pros: local food, very cheap beer, friendly atmosphere

Yummy Yummy and lots of local specialties - Edit

This restaurant located quite close to the center is really worth a visit. We went there once a day either for lunch or dinner during our 3 day stay in Hoi An. The wording of the dishes in the menu sounds really unspectacular but everything was really good, much better than it sounds on the menu. They have a quite a few regional specialties like white rose, fried wontons and cao lau that are really good but I would recommend just about everything I tried (and I tried alot). The owners are very friendly and are very willing to suggest things and point out the regional specialties.
The prices might be a bit higher than at the cheapo places where locals go but it's worth it especially because it's comfortable and you can sit for a long time (Till 22:00 at least) drinking beer for 3000 dong per glass.

outstanding food and nice service - Edit

We've been twice to this place during our stay in Hoi An. Once we saw that the spinach was purchased after we placed our order - so it was very fresh.
All our meals were delicous, especially the veg-noodle-soup, the pumpkin and the eggplant.
They offer vegan cooking classes as well but unfortunately we realized this on our last day.

tres bonne adresse - Edit

tres bien situé, pas loin du centre, dans une rue relativement calme; tres bon accueil; la dame du lieu est tres sympathique et fait son possible pour s'exprimer en anglais, soucieuse de votre satisfaction des plats; le seul restaurant vg que je connaisse a H'i An qui propose une carte aussi variée, avec les memes plats qu'ailleurs... sans viande. Les prix sont corrects, version touristes; mais, si vous lui etes sympathique, elle ne portera ni le riz blanc ni le thé sur la note. Bref, un endroit ou on se sent e l'aise, et ou les plats sont délicieux: j'ai essayé le tofu frit aux légumes, et les wonton, avec du riz blanc, chaque fois, et j'ai trouvé ça tres gouteux; comme je reste un certain sur place, je vais gouter a tout ! Miam miam !!!

Pros: excellent food, welcoming people, very reasonable prices

great place to eat - Edit

This restaurant now advertises itself as vegetarian and vegan :)
If you are vegan (like us) make sure you tell them vegan, no egg no milk! Just to be sure.
Our favourite dishes were: mushrooms with tofu, the spinach with garlic, the fried vegan with ginger (yep lots of cute typos!) tofu with lemongrass and chilli, the Hoi An rice ....

Service is a little slow but you know your dishes are being made from scratch and you can occupy yourself watching the parade of kids coming in the swap their books in the book exchange part of the store (vnese language only!)

Oh and the other thing that rocks about this place is they have a little shop attached, where you can pick up some tetra packs of soya milk - unfortunately I haven't found an unsweetened version, but none the less it lets you have a coffee later in the day...

Pros: yummy, cheap, haven from busy Hoi an

Good food, pleasant setting, slow service - Edit

There were plenty of vegan options at this restaurant. Because it seemed like such a popular dish, we ordered the white rose (which was interesting, but I wouldn't order again). We also got sauteed pumpkin (excellent), spinach with garlic (very good, but if you're picky, be aware that it's "water spinach," not western spinach), and spring rolls, which were fine but not the best we had in Vietnam. I wasn't crazy about the dipping sauce.

The woman who took our order was very nice, and we were able to get across that we don't eat egg or milk, and she was happy to accommodate us. Service was pretty slow, which was no big deal to us, but this may not be the best choice if you're in a hurry.

Pros: Tasty veggies, Interesting regional dishes, Pleasant outdoor seating

Cons: Slow service

Great Food - Edit

We came to this restaurant four times in our stay and loved every dish. Fresh and delicious. Very affordable, friendly service, nice patio seating. The owners are very sweet and welcoming.

Try any of eggplants dish.

Pros: Delicious food, Great setting, Affordable. Cheapest beer!

Cons: No brown rice but hard to find anyway here

Great place! - Edit

Most restaurants in Hoi An offer a couple of vegetarian options but it is well worth seeking out this place slightly off the main streets. It is mostly vegan apart from the breakfast egg dishes. English is spoken by the very friendly staff and the menu is available in English.

There's a pleasant covered courtyard and it sells beer. The food here was some of the best we ate in Vietnam, and very cheap. Highly recommend the vegetables and tofu wrapped in banana leaf and the "chicken" rice, but we loved everything we ate here.

A must visit.

Pros: Excellent food, Very cheap

Cons: Just outside the main town area

let me be the first of many. - Edit

I believe this restaurant only opened around 1 month from writing this review, hence they have yet to have any reviews. But I want to say, I believe there will be many to follow mine.
If you want some good, healthy food at a fair price, then here is a must.
I stayed in Hoi An for around 4 days and I ate here every day. They have loads of vegan options, so there is something for everyone here.
The staff were always happy to talk to us about their food and were very helpful and friendly.
They have a great selection here too: Eggplant; tofu; mean springrolls; pumpkin; and some of the more usual meals. Plus they make a mean ginger tea and if you hang around, you might just cop for a bit of free banana.
You can have breakfast for around 30,000 dong and a meal for around 40,000 ($2), so by all standards, it's still pretty cheap.
I would defintely recommend trying here at least once or twice on your stay!

Pros: great food, fairly quiet in courtyard, friendly staff

Return to Hoi An Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Minh Hien Quan Chay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5762 times since Feb 2012.