CLOSED: Minder Vegetarian

02-67328999

3, 2F, BeiPing West Road (at Breeze at Taipei Main Station), Taipei, Taiwan

One of many locations in Taipei, this one is part of the Breeze food court above Taipei main station. Buffet by weight, and also offers various made to order soups and noodle dishes. Food is mostly vegan but not labeled. Diners share seating at the larger tables. 2017 REPORTED SHUT.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by convertedcow

Amazing place!!! - Edit

I'm so glad I found this place by chance when I was walking around Taipei Main Station...what a convenient place!! Minder offers a buffet with a huge assortment of mock meats, salads, rice dishes etc. and also made to order meals, although I didn't try those.

I went to Minder with a friend twice when I was in Taipei and we loved it so much, we kept talking about it for the rest of our trip!! We took takeout with us to Hualien and that saved us as all veg restaurants were closed by the time we arrived there.

It's quick, affordable, tasty food and I love that variety on offer!! A great choice if you are in Taipei!

Pros: So much variety!, Quick!, Convenient location!

Very Convenient - Edit

Just to add to what the previous reviewer said, Minder Vegetarian generally serve the best food of any pay-by-weight buffets in Taiwan (and cost a little more). They are clean, fast and efficient. The only frustrating thing is that they don't label what contains dairy products (and staff don't usually know) so vegans need to avoid all fake meats, including the delicious radish cakes which contain tiny pieces of vege ham. The maionaise dressings are also sure to contain dairy, as do virtually all their made-to-order dishes. Milk is probably used in making their stinky tofu. But this all still leaves plenty of options.

This is a great option for a take-out meal for the train, especially if going to Jiufen (nothing vegetarian) or Hualien in the evening, where most vegetarian restaurants close quite early.

Pros: very convenient location, clean, fast

Cons: difficult to know what's vegan

Convenient location, good quality food - Edit

Just like the other outlets, e.g. Q Square and Eslite (Zhongxiao Dunhua) branches, it serves a good array of food. It's tasty and has made to order dishes like dumpling soup.

Pros: Central location, Good value for money

Cons: No labels, Bring your own drink!

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Minder Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.