Minami Aoyama Yasai Kichi

0456200877

1-5-1 Minamisaiwai Nichi-ku, Yokohama, Japan, 220-0005

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic farm-to-table food. Has vegan/vegetarian menu and will arrange your dish for you, ie. without egg, etc. No reservation taken. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead.

Categories: Japanese, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by princess_lladia

Fresh and tasty food - Edit

私たちがお気に入りの横浜駅にあるレストランは『南青山野菜基地』です。アボカド豆腐カレーは絶品ですよ!Another restaurant we love is Minami Aoyama Yasai Kichi, located in the Joinus shopping center in Yokohama station. You’d be surprised how well avocado goes with curry! The grilled veggies are so good. Also try their fries.

Pros: Lots of fresh veggies, Food is healthy and delicious

Never going back here. - Edit

I'm sorry to leave a bad review for this place, since their food is actually pretty good. Unfortunately, my dinner there tonight was the most uncomfortable I've ever had at a restaurant, and the staff was utterly inefficient when it came to dealing with the situation or compensating us for their incompetence.

Mid-meal, a very drunk gentleman entered the restaurant, sat way too close to me, although there were plenty available seats, and loudly addressed me, my boyfriend and everyone else in a nonsensical, rude manner for about 20 minutes. Finally, the owner called security. Sadly, what the security guy did was merely ask the man to please show some respect to everyone and left.

The staff and owner apologized to us, seeing as I was very visibly uncomfortable and tense. We asked for the rest of our food to be packed for take away and prepared to leave.

At this point I assumed that the owner would attempt to compensate us somehow for the horrible experience, but far from that, they gave us our bill, we paid and left.

I don't know what else to say. I was really upset, uncomfortable and disappointed with how the staff handled the situation. Unfortunately my Japanese is nowhere close to good enough to voice my complaints to them, so I was just hoping they would do the right thing and prioritize the comfort of 10 customers over the one causing trouble.

Quick, Organic, Delicious - Edit

It's not easy to grab some vegan / vegetarian / WFPB food between trains in Yokohama station... UNLESS you visit Minami Aoyama Yasai Kichi. Their thing is fresh, organic food, and they deliver it quick. Oh, AND the menu has English! Basically they have amazing salads and an amazing curry, but there are other choices as well. Coffees, teas, donut, fried potato, etc. Truthfully, there were a lot of amazing places to eat in the JOINUS Department store "Dining" area (accessible from Yokohama Station), but for us (you and I types), this is the safe bet!

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-06

Pros: Delicious, Quick, Friendly

Cons: Between 800 - 1200 yen a plate, Serves meat too :(

Super yummy - Edit

Vegan avocado don and vegan curry were really yummy. Potatoes with a soya mayonnaise just finish a good and healthy dinner. Reccomended!

Return to Yokohama Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Minami Aoyama Yasai Kichi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.