CLOSED: Minako

• Veg-friendly

Contact 415-864-1888

2154 Mission St (at 17th St, Mission District), San Francisco, California, USA, 94110

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese restaurant with an extensive vegan menu. Try the vegetarian eel and wrapped rolls. Reported closed to HappyCow, July 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by sexysadie

Best Vegan Sushi! - Edit

I love Minako! We discovered it 4 years ago and try to go as often as possible. It's a mother/daughter team that is dedicated to amazing food. There is a full vegan menu and a full fish menu which is great for groups with varied dietary rules.
Always check out the specials menu!

Best Vegan Sushi You Will Ever Have - Edit

*****! I LOVE MINAKO! All organic sushi with large, delicious, innovative rolls served up in a warm friendly atmosphere. The vegan eel is amazing! Another of my favorites is the fried eggplant appetizer. Also available is homemade udon, and many other vegan treats. They do serve meat, but all the sauces and broths are vegan and they are extremely accommodating to vegans. More so than many "vegetarian" restaurants that I have been to that only have a limited few vegan options. I'd give it five stars if Happy Cow would let me! (what is that about?)

Pros: AMAZING FOOD!, GREAT friendly service!, Good atmosphere! ORGANIC!

Cons: They serve fish and chicken

delicious sushi with good size portions - Edit

i went here last year for my birthday and I loved everything I got. Their sushi rolls are much wider in size which i liked. I tried the mock eel roll it was delicious. I also enjoyed a roll of the fresh natto and my two meat eating parents enjoyed their dishes too. This place is wonderful you must try if you like sushi

Pros: good portions, organic, friendly service

Cons: not open monday or tuesday

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Minako closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1707 times since Aug 2007.