Minako Organic-ish

( 1 review )
650-344-0188

360 Peninsula Ave, San Mateo, California, USA, 94401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese restaurant with labeled vegan options. Reportedly uses separate oil and utensils when preparing vegan options. They have a strict no fragrance policy due to allergies. Open Wed-Thu 5:30pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sun 5:30pm-8:30pm. Closed Mon and Tues.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Organic, Beer/Wine, Gluten-free, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by neil

Wonderful vegan sushi, vegan ramen, and miso soup - Edit

Minako's used to be in The Mission in San Francisco. It was the original restaurant in the mission to offer Vegan Sushi and was always the best in my opinion. We tried to go there many times over the last few years but it was always packed until it shut down a couple of years ago. Imagine our delight to stumble upon the new Minako's Organic(ish) restaurant on the edge of Burlingame/San Mateo (Peninsuala Ave) just five mins from my office. The menu has several vegan sections, roughly 50% of the menu is vegan as well as some of the specials. They serve fish and chicken, however no cross-contamination with chicken or fish occurs as separate utensils and cutting boards are strictly used. The chef is Minako's lovely mother, Yoko, and everything she cooks is beautifully prepared and perfectly served and always delicious. My vegan gioza and sushi came with several little sides of seaweed and pickled salads a well as fresh wasabi. Poor Minako was allergic to us (we are not heavy perfume users) but she was still very friendly, and even exchanged lists of favorite vegan restaurants with us.

Pros: Fantastic authentic Japanese chef, separate utensi, We were made to feel that we were truly appreciate

Return to San Mateo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Minako Organic-ish closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.