First Review by a112

if you deserve something different - Edit

(Maybe) the only vegetarian place in Colombo with real europian conception/level. The city in general offers countless vegetarian/vegan options: rice/curry/kotthu but if you're tired of these things it can be hard to eat anything else.
Milk and Honey offers different wraps, sandwiches and many variations of sweet things. The savoury items has a mild sri lankan flavour but absolutely for eurpians. The kitchen seemed really OK from outside which is a great plus (I've seen horrible conditions so it was a refreshment).
I went with their spicy pumpkin, lettuce and paneer wrap (they recommended as a top product) which was nice although I've expected more. The lettuce filled at least half of the wrap which was really nice for my body (I deserved it eating rice and curry for 3 weeks), but if you want something "more filling" definetely go with something else.
I've also read nice recommendations about their brownie which was labelled sugarfree - they use jaggery instead - but I cannot eat more than a bite: it was extremely sweet! (Nevertheless they were generous - I didn't have to pay for it.)

Nice food but vegan options aren't marked - Edit

As an expat living in Colombo I do crave more "western" food such as salads, wraps and soups and this place has a great, tasty menu but nothing is marked vegan and when you ask the staff, they sometimes seem confused to what is and what isn't. That's my only complaint as the food when you have it is healthy and tasty.

Pros: Healthy food, Good flavours, Good variety

Cons: Menu isnt marked vegan, Limited English, Weird payment system

nice vegan food in colombo - Edit

Vegan food is hard to come by in colombo. Even vegetarian is not that common. They have wraps ( highly recommend the tofu wrap), cakes, cookies, juice, non dairy smoothies. The owner knows exactly what's vegan and what's not. Highly recommend

Pros: non Indian/sri Lankan food ( if you are sick of cu

Cons: none

Return to Colombo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Milk and Honey Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1066 times since Feb 2013.