Mike's Cafe and Wine Bar

Contact 425-503-9906

135 Second St S, Friday Harbor, Washington, USA, 98250

Street side vegan cafe and wine bar. Serves tapas and bar nibbles like as pretzels with mustard, truffle oil popcorn, and bruschetta. Larger plates offered are pizza, pasta, and stir fry. Large wine selection with pairing suggestions on the menu. Mon-Thu 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Western, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine

First Review by Midge

amazing! - Edit

This place is amazing! It's has a great selection of vegan food, even your non veg friends would love. The owner also makes wine which they sell and it's tasty. They also have a really good beer selection. We came here for every meal while on the island because there were so many dishes we wanted to try. Thank you Mike and staff!

Amazing all-vegan treasure in Friday Harbor - Edit

The very best thing about this restaurant is that it's all vegan -- in food, in wine, and in philosophy.

Owner Mike Sharadin is also owner and winemaker of Northwest Totem Cellars, a small, family-owned winery producing hand-crafted wines in Woodinville, Washington. The wine list at Mike's Cafe & Wine Bar features a variety of local wines, available by the bottle, glass, or flight — but Mike had me at the Northwest Totem’s Sangiovese, which was delicious and happened to pair very well with the pizzas I was having. Beer lovers: there are lots of local beers on the menu as well.

As for the menu — I only wish I’d been able to try everything on it. If you stop in for a beer or a glass of wine, you might try the spiced bar nuts, pretzels with savory mustards, or truffle oil popcorn. Small plates include bruschetta, hummus, spanikopita, and a vegan charcuterie platter with mushroom pate, herbed tofu cheese, olives, and French country bread.

The larger plates include the most delicious vegan pizzas I’ve had. I tried the pesto and the supreme, both amazing: crisp, cheesy, wonderfully spiced, and somehow light and filling at the same time — in other words, just perfect. Other larger plates include a pesto “chicken” sandwich, pasta of the day, and a Szechwan Sizzle.

All this, and vegan cheesecake, too.

Updated from previous review on 2013-12-30

Pros: All vegan, Very friendly, Gorgeous setting

Great Food! - Edit

My husband and I had dinner at Mike's Wine Bar with 6 of our non-vegan friends. Everyone loved the food! The menu has expanded quite a bit since our first visit 2 years ago. I only wish we lived closer so that we could visit more often.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Great ambience

Cons: Reservations recommended for larger parties.

Best food in Friday Harbor - Edit

Mike's is fully vegan but not really advertised as such which helps bring in omnivores. Everything we tried was delicious - and we ate here 4 times during our stay in Friday Harbor. Our favorite was the Thai Peanut pizza, as well as the vegan cheese platter. The food is a little slow to come out of the kitchen but its worth the wait. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back for another visit!

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff , creative menu with several options

Cons: slow kitchen (but worth waiting for)

All vegan menu for an omnivorous world - Edit

Our family has dined here several times and always enjoy coming here for the wonderful all vegan menu. The owner doesn't outwardly advertise as vegan, rather deliciously welcoming the omnivorous world. We like the burger and sandwiches, pizza, crabby cakes, Miyoko cheese plate, and a chocolate walnut torte. We will be back again soon!

Pros: Delicious all vegan menu, Great place to bring omnis to "try vegan food", Great location, a few blocks walk from the ferry

Double Charged - Edit

Unfortunately they double charged me. After several emails and calls, they have ignored me. Now I have to contest the charges with my credit card company. If you go here, pay cash. The food was okay, but definitely not worth $250!

Pros: Miyoko's Cheese Plate

Cons: Double Charged

Excellent Vegan Food & Wine - Edit

My wife and I ate here a few months ago. It is really nice to have an all vegan restaurant in Friday Harbor! The food was very good and the wine tasting was great fun! The best part is that it's a small place where Mike, the owner and esteemed vegan wine maker, does everything but cook. A very personal touch!!

Pros: Involved Owner, Tasty Vegan Food, Wine!!

Return to Friday Harbor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mike's Cafe and Wine Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1819 times since Nov 2013.