CLOSED: Miguel's Eat-In Cafe

• Vegan

Contact 316-295-4498

1812 S Seneca St, Wichita, Kansas, USA, 67213

Vegan restaurant, took over by the chef Miguel Larcher in early 2012. Previously operating as d'Sozo by a different owner. Reported temporarily closed while moving to new location and will re-open under a different name this summer. NOTE: reported closed Oct 2012.

Category: Vegan, American, Salad bar, Take-out

First Review by

A Sad Day for D'Sozo Fans - Edit

The best vegan pizza EVER! And we've eaten them all over the country. They are closing in their current incarnation on December 23rd but according to what they told us they will still be available for takeout and cooking classes. Their sandwiches and macaroni and cheese were all five stars and the staff was wonderful. It's a shame that a city the size of Wichita (and the Midwest in general) doesn't have enough of a vegan/vegetarian base to support an incredible restaurant like d'Ozo. We hope they thrive in whatever they do next. Thank you, d'Sozo, for the wonderful vegan food and best of luck from two very appreciative fans!

Pros: GREAT food!

Cons: Closing on December 23rd.

Great healthy vegan food in Wichita! - Edit

The only place in Wichita that has a full vegan menu and everything is wonderful! I'm not sure how this happened here but really glad it did!They do a daily special, soup/salad bar, plus the normal options. Its really nice to be veggie and have so many healthy and tasty choices eating out. Really nice people. I do wish they had more bulk foods and local produce in the market area. Its a place I definitely recommend and want to support.

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy, Vegan pizza

Cons: Hours

A great vegan-friendly place to eat for SW Wichita - Edit

I had taken a health class at a local church and as a result, met some of the people who eventually opened d'Sozo. It took on a bit more personal interest for me when I found out where their new chef was coming from - a cafe/health food store venue in Oklahoma that I had been to for a few years in the early 2000's. Every time I come here, I feel refreshed, especially with the all-you-can-eat salad bar. I have to watch to make sure I'm not eating too much soy product, or I have stomach difficulties, but seem to get along fine with the fermented products like tempeh and miso. The staff is very happy to answer questions about how the food is prepared, and will make substitutions as appropriate (they won't, however, substitute a real turkey meat for ToFurkey!! just teasing!). The vegan desserts are delicious, and so are the soups.

I guess my biggest gripe is that the store don't (or didn't last time I was there) carry other alternative mylks like Hemp Mylk or Coconut Mylks, and thus the restaurant doesn't seem to use any of those products as well. It's a lot of soy and I just can't eat that much soy proteins (particularly non-fermented). I'd like to see them use more seaweeds too, like vegetarian sushi rolls etc.

But they are just one year old now, so I'm hopeful the best is yet to come! I try to get here as often as I can but they are a good 10-12 miles away.

Pros: Fresh Foods, Delicious gourmet preparation, Beautiful, serene, peaceful environment,

Cons: Not one for every neighborhood in town!, Too much soy-based foods, No Hemp mylks or coconut mylks used?

Yum! - Edit

I'm in town for family and I went here for lunch. I had the turkey club and it was fantastic! It was a double-decker sandwich with a side of oven potatoes. At first I was a bit miffed about only getting 3 huge potato wedges but with that huge sandwich I was full! They have strange hours M-F 11:00 - 3:00 and the same on Sunday. They are closed for Sabbath on Saturday. If you are in the area and they are open, go try them! All of their food is vegan!! They have crepes, sandwiches, all you can eat salad and soup bar, wraps, and a kids menu.

Pros: Tasty food, Reasonably priced, Friendly staff

Cons: Hours

d'Sozo Rocks! - Edit

Wichita has been in the need of a Vegan restaurant for a very long time. However, d'Sozo doesn't offer just any Vegan fare, it is fantastic! I love the entire concept of their establishment. They offer a great variety for their lunch time crowd as well as many delicious pizza options for the dinner hour. They offer great topping combinations on a very crisp tasty crust. We also had their garlic bread basket which was fresh and hot from the oven. We finished our meal with a slice of the best Cheesecake I have had. And ALL Vegan! They also have a small Market within the same space. The selection is small and lacks some of the fresh items, such as produce, but has great potential if expanded. The building itself is open and welcoming exposing a very functional, clean, food preparation area. When you top that with a very efficient friendly staff, you are off to a very successful business! This is a business I plan to frequent often and highly recommend to others.

Pros: excellent healthy food, clean comfortable environment, friendly staff

Cons: need to expand market area

Best place in town! - Edit

My non Vegan husband and I have been enjoying d'Sozo dishes every week for several months now. We try something different each visit. Every meal has been fantastic and flavorful. It is such a relief to know that I can order anything on the menu without worry. the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Pros: locaiton, excellent food, good value

Cons: strang hours, service is sometimes slow

My new favorite cafe - Edit

I just ate at d'Sozos today and was amazed by the friendly service and good food. I even brought my friend who does eat meat and she loved it. I ordered the Grilled Veggie burger that came with potato fries. It was delish! There grocery section was fairly small (I think they are expanding their variety) but I was able to find vegan foods/ingredients such as TVP and nutritional yeast. Like I said, the staff is VERY friendly and helped me choose a vegan dish that I would like. I recommend it to vegans, vegetarians, and carnivores alike!

Pros: friendly staff, food cooked fresh, vegan and delicious

d'Sozo open finally - Edit

I just ate there today and it was delicious. . . I had a Thai burger and side salad, and it was so good. Don't miss on their smoothies, they are the best smoothies I have ever tasted. A great place overall with a modern atmosphere.

Pros: great food, salad bar

Cons: no cons

Salad bar, a varied menu, and fresh baked bread - Edit

I've been waiting on the opening of D'Sozo (formerly Sprouts) for quite some time. I've wanted a healthy restaurant alternative on my side of town for a while. I was not disappointed.
They have a small grocery store carrying some vitamin supplements, a selection of juices and sodas, and some cooking ingredients. But the important part for my purposes is the restaurant/bakery. All of their breads, pastries, and muffins are baked on site and their restaurant features a different entre each day. Lunch has is available between 11am and 3pm. So far this week I've had vegan lasagna with steamed broccoli, and twice baked potato stuffed with mushrooms and spinach with a side of grilled green beans. Both were excellent. I have also enjoyed their salad bar. It is small, but fresh, various, and well stocked.
They have a smoothie bar with 20 some selections, with ingredients like banana, mango, kale, and peanutbutter. When I asked I was told that everything is vegan. I would not only recommend it to anyone that is vegan or vegetarian, but also to anyone who wants to have a good meal.

Pros: clean, friendly, fresh that day

Cons: smalish salad bar, limited grocery

Wichita's first all vegan restaurant! - Edit

I've been waiting for this place to open for months. They had run into problems with their first name (Sprouts) so they changed their name to d'Sozo. It's located on the east side of Seneca in a new(small) strip mall. It's so neat inside and the staff are some of the friendliest people I've come across. I've been there twice since their opening and nothing has been below awesome. Everything is vegan, except a few items which contain honey. Just be sure to ask if honey is a concern for you. Most of their breads are homemade there! The only downside is the hours for the cafe. Sadly, they are only open from 11-3 everyday BUT saturday. So you need to go early if you want to eat there. Also, they have a small vegan grocery section as well. They just opened, so not everything is up yet, but they plan on adding more grocery items, as well as adding breakfast items. It's so good, I plan on going there at least 1-2 times a week! Don't miss out on their smoothies either, they are so GOOD!

Pros: beautiful salad bar, healthy, Baked potatoes!

Cons: only open 'til 3, closed saturdays

Return to Wichita Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Miguel's Eat-In Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 380 times since Feb 2010.