First Review by aubysmas

Fantastic vegan doughnuts! - Edit

Love their doughnuts! Truly delicious! Had the pleasure of trying several varieties at Caffe Vita in Columbia City. Only gave 4 stars because I have not been to their actual physical location nor met the staff, so I can't rate that aspect of the business.

donuts so good... - Edit

As a vegan, I appreciate any and all baked goods free from cruel ingredients... But even if I didn't care about vegan, organic, non-GMO food I would still choose these donuts. I love all of them, but the raised glazed may be the best

wonderful doughnut shop!!! - Edit

We came in totally off-time, a little before lunch, between batches of doughnuts, but we still scraped together a dozen doughnuts from the remaining morning batch, and do you know what? They were incredible! We vote the chocolate glaze doughnut and the lemon doughnut were the best! Such a cute location too!

Pros: clean, cute, friendly, variety, delicious

Donuts - can they not be good? - Edit

Mighty O donuts are good. If they were the first donuts we tried they'd be fantastic. But unfortunately we had Voodoo Donuts in Portland a few days before and once they set the bar it was inevitable that no other donut could ever live up to our expectations.

So unless you're going to Portland the same day, come here for a donut fix.

Vegan Doughnuts - Edit

Great little store front and neat merchandise. The doughnuts themselves are quite good although I prefer yeast to cake. Being from out of town we ordered doughnuts to take home which offered a little more selection- seems like the popular kinds go early in the day. A little more variety wouldn't be difficult and might spice things up a bit, also when ordering there wasn't a lot of flexibility- they do a boston creme and a maple bar but couldn't do a maple boston even for a custom order. The creme and jam filled ones are great as well. That aside though, the staff is friendly and the doughnuts are very good. Its nice that they're all organic as well.

Pros: tasty, organic, vegan doughnuts

Cons: not a huge selection

Best donuts I've ever had in my life!! - Edit

As a fairly new vegan, it had been a few months since I'd last had a donut (I used to eat them all the time). I was having a serious craving, and this was BEFORE I heard of Mighty-O, so I actually convinced my fiancé to drive us 6 hours round trip to Portland just to get pretty average tasting vegan donuts! I told a friend about our spur the moment road trip, and she laughed and told me that vegan donuts are right around the corner from me! A few days later, we checked out Mighty-O.

Holy mother of donut. These are the best things I've had in my LIFE. I feel whole and complete. Thank you, Mighty-O. Thank you. Seriously though, they are amazing. I have brought them to many Omni friends who agree. Who needs dairy and eggs? Obviously not donuts!
The raspberry glazed is probably my favorite so far. Although, I've always been a jelly-filled kind of girl, and they are always sold out when I get there, even when it's pretty early in the day. So I haven't been able to try one yet. They say each day, they make a set amount of each donut and sell it till it's out. Well, if the jelly-filleds run out that quick I say you should make more! ;)

They also make good coffee according to my fiancé - and they do a cool design in your foam like a leaf or a heart. However they do offer dairy creamer. To my understanding, the only non-vegan thing in the whole place. I say why include it? I'd cut it out. So close to being an entirely vegan establishment. Such a tiny, silly thing to taint your reputation.

Pros: best donuts in the entire world, staff is friendly when it's slow, nice decor/good vibes

Cons: run out of popular ones early in day, busy/long lines on weekend mornings, offers dairy creamer

Mighty Tasty! - Edit

This is an all vegan donut shop, similar to Dun-Well in Brooklyn, that makes mostly cake donuts, but also apple fritters and some yeast donuts. The donuts are fresh and flavorful, with some very creative flavors. The coffee is good and the atmosphere is comfortable.

1 1/2 dozen in under 24 hours - Edit

When my husband and I decided to come to Seattle we knew this would be at the top of our list of places to eat. As most vegans know, donuts are highly sought after. After Ronald's in Las Vegas, and Clever Rabbit in Edmonton, I needed my fill of weird flavoured cakey, sugary goodness. This place made my head explode.
We ordered a dozen and a half donuts for 2 of us, and found ourselves with interesting flavours combinations and amazed onlookers contemplating if we could actually finish that many donuts. We sure did! I am kinda glad we don't live near here or I would eat donuts all day every day.

Pros: Huge selection of flavours, Taste like "normal" donuts, Gingerbread flavoured donut!

Cons: Not in Edmonton

Happy place! - Edit

We drove out of our way to go here & it was well worth the drive. They have a huge variety of vegan donuts, all temptingly displayed in a glass case. We had trouble picking! I ended up with the Cuckoo for Coconut and the Chocolate Peanut Butter, both of which surpassed my expectations. They are about the size of the donuts at Dunkin Donuts - definitely must get 2!

Pros: large variety of flavors, great selection, all vegan

Cons: off the beaten path

Best donuts in Seattle (and the country) - Edit

All other donuts are dead to me. Mighty-O, my daughter and I are so grateful for you. You have made many a birthday or just Sunday mornings delightful.

Pros: Scrumptious!, Super yummy!, Love the seasonal flavors

Cons: Bring back decaf!

YUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmM! - Edit

We drove from Vancouver to Seattle mainly just to get our hands on these famouse donuts and we were not disappointed. Totally worth the drive! We only got to try two kinds but I am looking forward to trying out more the next time I am in Seattle!

Pros: Delicious, Super friendly staff, Vegan Donuts!

best donuts ever!!!! - Edit

reviewed on happy cow before trip from edmonton, alberta to seattle. this place far exceded any expectation i ever had. donuts have a perfect crispyness, inside perfect texture, and taste. we got an assortment, everyone was excellent. a must stop for any out of town vegan. the matte latte is a must try as well, so flavorful.

Pros: excellent donuts, friendly staff and extremely knowlegable, fresh products

Cons: out of the way,but worth it.

Great donuts! - Edit

We walked there from downtown, a looong way, but these organic vegan donuts are worth every step. They have many different flavors and the ones that I tried were all super delicious. I also liked the atmosphere and the staff was nice.

Pros: delicious donuts, nice staff, great atmosphere

updated: the more I have the more I like - Edit

I get these dounts often at the local grocery. They are very good. I do widh that they were a touch cheaper, but I'd rather eat OG donuts than no donuts at all. I keep trying flavors and haven't been disappointed by any of them. I hope to find the cafe one day.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 07, 2010

Pros: vegan, good texture, good icing

Cons:

a loss for words - Edit

For the European vegan the idea of vegan organic donuts is a completely alien one, but in the land of unlimited possibilities it became reality. I have nothing but praise for this place. I visited it twice (20006 and 2009) and was comletely blown away by the choice and creativity as well as the amazing taste both times. I wish we had something like it on this side of the atlantic.

Pros: donuts, vegan, organic

Cons: out in suburbia

Vegan Donuts That are Worth Writing Home About - Edit

Ok, I've been here a couple times and I haven't tried too many of their manny different donuts because as the reviews state they often run out of many of their options. I have found the mighty o donuts at the many places you can buy them around Seattle to not be worth the money, they aren't the freshest but at Mighty O they are simply amazing. Granted this is not a restaurant, this is a simple donut shop but they do such an amazing job you can bring anyone here with any dietary choice and not go away disapointed... well unless they don't have any donuts left, that I can't help you with.

Other then great donuts they have coffee, which I don't drink so I can't say too much about it, the tea choices are alright but I do wish they had a better selection but it's not bad and they are tasty. Anyway if you're in the greenlake area stop here eat a donut or eat a bunch then walk around greenlake and feel better about it, what ever makes you happy.

Pros: amazing vegan donuts

Cons: not much else

Holy Happy Cow!! - Edit

Okay, so I just tried this place today after reading the reviews. I have not been impressed with the Mighty-Os that I have found at Whole Foods - they seem very very hard and hard to get down. BUT - the skies parted and the angels sang as I tasted a bite of my Vanilla Nut (cake donut topped with chocolate frosting and nuts.) OH MY GOODNESS!! It was so good. Then I bought the apple fritter (not necessarily a fan of apple fritters to begin with and this didn't change with trying Mighty-O's brand,) the Chocolate/Chocolate (FREAKING amazing,) the French Toast (not too bad) and the Good Ol' Fashioned (haven't tried yet.) I think that I am now addicted to the Vanilla nut...plus, I LOVE cake donuts (especially plain!) I will be back...These donuts taste just like I remember donuts tasting before I went vegan. Delish!

Pros: Delicious, Delicious, FANTASTIC!

FRITTERS! - Edit

In recent years, Mighty-O has improved their yeast raised donut recipe, so that the cinnamon twists, maple bars and (on rare occasion when they have them) creme filled donuts are now soft and fluffy, but still fried enough to let you know that it's a donut. However, the addition this past month of Apple Fritters to the menu is a lock in my mind. One downside for any of the yeast raised donuts (including the fritters), you can't get there too early, because they aren't ready yet...or too late, because they're gone. A testament to the power of the O.

There's no reason why you shouldn't visit here if you're in town. Two kind-of cons for me overall:

1) The coffee they use is Stumptown. Which is based out of Oregon. There are a number of local coffee roasters whose brews they could be taking advantage of (Cafe Vita comes immediately to mind).

2) For a mostly vegan donut shop, I'm more than a little annoyed that I get charged the soy tax, just like I would at every other non veg coffee shop in the universe. Is it too much to ask to NOT have to pay the $0.50 surcharge for eating something that coincides with the diet the bakery itself advertises?

Pros: Fritters, Donuts, Friendly Staff

Cons: Soy Tax, Could Support More Locally, Weekends can be crowded

My favorite place for vegan donuts! - Edit

Mighty-O donuts taste great and are about as healthy for you as great tasting donuts can be. The location can be a little tricky to find but the neighbourhood is a pleasant one for walking off those calories you just wolfed down!
One particularly neat thing about Mighty-O is that you can watch as the donuts are made. The fact that the donuts are not only vegan but also organic and free of trans-fats, chemicals, etc is also pretty awesome!

Pros: Tasty, Healthy ( for a donut ;-p ), Friendly folks work there

Cons: Somewhat hidden location, Not in Portland, Oregon, I cant find Mighty-O coupons!

These donuts rock! - Edit

This place is awesome. I expected that just some of the donuts would be vegan, but in fact they are all vegan. I had 2 donuts and they were both fantastic.

Pros: Vegan donuts, Vegan donuts, Vegan donuts

Cons: Was probably better off without donuts

Delicious donuts - Edit

An all-vegan donut shop! Do I need to say more? lol I've been to Ronald's Donuts in Vegas, but these are different. They are fully vegan and more cake-like, not fluffy like Ronald's, but I didn't get the sugar overload here like at Ronald's either. There were so many choices! We were in Seattle visiting friends, so we got a dozen, each one different. We took them back to our hosts' house and cut them all in quarters so that we could all try each one. We all thought they were marvelous and just as good, if not better, than regular donuts (or at least my memory of them!).

Pros: vegan donuts!!, friendly staff, not as sugary as regular donuts

It really doesn't get any better than this! - Edit

Mighty-O is the best of the best. Its reason enough to take a trip to Seattle in itself. The donuts are light cake based and flavored and topped differently. You can also pick them up around town at Whole Foods and if you see a Mighty-O sticker on the window of a coffee house chances are they have them, too. Whole Foods also has some nice prepacked minis from Mighty-O they stock exclusively that make it easy to pack up on the plane ride home, but don't expect them to last long!!! You'll give in to the temptation!

Pros: BEST EVER, 100 HappyCows, Infinite HappyCows!

AMAZING!! GO HERE NOW!! - Edit

SO GOOD! I got 5 donuts here recently (I live in Vancouver, BC) and they were amazing I got: French Toast (mmm soo good haven't had it since way before I became vegan), some Nutty one , Chocolate coconut (mouth watering), chocolate raspberry, Grasshopper (which is chocolate mint, so good). There were all amazing. I wish I could have gotten 5 of each flavour they have!

Pros: SO good, so moist, so vegan

Fabulous Donuts - Edit

These donuts are fabulous. There is great variety (like classics of cinnamon glazed, or chocolate frosted chocolate... as well as some newbies). The donuts are moist and the atmosphere is welcoming. These donuts are really great vegan treats!

I wish Mighty-O had a donut shop closer to Downtown Seattle.

Pros: tasty, variety, donuts!

Cons: location

love at first bite - Edit

You are great, you are amazing, a vegan donut, in my mouth drives me crazy! Cinnamon Sugar, glazed old fashion, a few sprlinkles this is my passion. Come on lets get you a donut.

Pros: donuts, vegan, variety

Cons: diets?

YAY I CAN EAT DONUTS AGAIN - Edit

Seriously--vegan donuts--need i say more? I wear my Mighty-O tshirt with pride, raspberry chocolate and chocolate w/ nuts, get your butt over there for some rockin' donuts!

Pros: yum they're vegan donuts!, cute tshirts

Cons: no parking

Yum! vegan donuts exist! - Edit

Thank you Mighty-O's! We drove far to check you guys out and you did not disappoint. We couldnt stop eating your donuts! Would love if you opened up more locations! Please!?

Pros: vegan donuts, after 4pm 1/2 off, no trans fat

Cons: ?

OMG, I can't believe it's Vegan! - Edit

I'm not a big donut person but I had to stop here since they had Vegan donuts. The donuts were so amazing that I now crave them [from Mighty-O Donuts that is]...too bad I live so far away!

Too sweet - Edit

I had donuts here twice while in Seattle and both my husband and I found them to be too sweet for the morning. We had the regular glazed, the strawberry glazed, the vanilla cake with chocolate icing and nuts, the vanilla cake with icing and sprinkles, and one of the minis. I would recommend saving room after breakfast for one of these. They are quite good, just not for the first thing eaten. Street parking is rough.

Pros: vegan, price

Cons: parking, too sweet for breakfast

I Ate at Mighty-O - Edit

I had nine different donuts - 6 were cake donuts and 3 were yeast raised and I enjoyed them all. I liked the variety of flavors with the cake donuts. My favorite was the Don King (Chocolate cake donut with icing and coconut). I liked the jelly filled as well, especially since that's something that's hard to find vegan. Basically if I lived in Seattle at least one meal a day would be one or five of these donuts.

Pros: variety, raised donuts!, good price

Cons: kind of out of the way location

Good, but more like O-shaped cakes than donuts - Edit

My husband and I had high hopes for these Mighty-O Donuts. We were visiting Seattle and took a cab from our downtown Seattle hotel, not realizing that it's quite a jaunt. It was a $14 cab ride (including tip)! We had coffee and shared a jelly-filled donut. I had a glazed and he had a chocolate donut as well. They were all good, but they didn't taste like donuts. They were more like moist cakes. In my pre-vegan days I loved the glazed donuts at Krispy Kreme, and I was expecting something lighter and yeast-ier out of the donuts. I was never a cake donut fan, and Mighty O's didn't convert me.

Pros: No trans fat and vegan

Cons: More like a dessert cake

yummy - Edit

As others have said, they're great. I felt like I should include a few tips for people who might check them out (and you should!!!). Donuts are best fresh in general, but this is especially true of their yeast-raised donuts. If it's after about 1 pm or so, I would go for the cake donuts. Don't get me wrong, the yeast donuts are still good, but they're nothing like the doughy sugary heaven they are when they're still warm. To contrast, the cake donuts hold up really well--they're still good even a few days later.

And, at the risk of others buying out all the donuts I want to buy, I will mention their awesome donut happy hour. All donuts are half price during 4-5 pm Wed-Sun. A great deal if you're looking for a late afternoon sugar rush, or you're stocking up for home. However, it's the hour before they close, and if you get there late and they don't have any more donuts, you're out of luck.

If someone visiting Seattle can't make it to the bakery, there a lot of places sell mighty-o donuts: area whole foods, PCC (local co-op chain) and various other eateries in the area. However, you're not going to find the variety you'll get at the bakery, and you'll pay a little bit extra.

Pros: vegan donuts!

Vegan donuts! - Edit

All donuts are 100% vegan and organic! Mighty O is a great example of why Seattle is the best city in the country for vegans. I recommend the Vanilla Sprinkles, Vanilla Nut, and Jelly-filled (only available once in a while). They also serve great coffee!

Pros: Best donuts ever, Very nice staff, Great place to hang

wow! - Edit

they are incredible. not only are the donuts vegan, they're organic and trans fat free too, and who'da thunkit. they're incredible tender and every bit as tasty as the 'real' donuts, if not tastiER. the only downside is they're located in seattle, and i'm not.

Pros: taste, texture, organic/trans fat free

Cons: location, hours

how fun! - Edit

These dougnuts were very good and the service was excellent. Oh, another bonus, we got front door parking!
So, we were sad that the selection was very low..nothing chocolate without nuts or coconut and no maple..:( it was after 3 so they were just running low. i do prefer the voodoo doughnuts in portland but would love to have mighty o again!

Pros: excellent service, mainly vegan store, sweet and fluffy

Cons: low selection, little too sweet, not voodo

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mighty-O Donuts - Greenlake closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3681 times since Aug 2007.