Midori's Floating World Cafe

612-721-3011

2629 E Lake St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55406

Serves meat, vegan options available. Twin Cities cafe. Will provide an all-vegan menu upon request. Vegan items are clearly marked on the regular menu. Lunch prices are cheaper than dinner. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Mon.

Categories: Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by condekedar

bento box fun - Edit

Love the variety of choices on the menu. The atmosphere is intriguing and the bento box was fun to eat.

Vegan Sushi options - Edit

I visited Midori's for the first time recently, and the service was excellent - our server was fairly knowledgeable about the vegan options, which are marked with a VG on the menu. The Garden Rolls and Rainbow Rolls came out quick and everything was very fresh.

The Vegetable Gyoza was pretty average, but it's great with the spicy dipping sauce.

I tried the Agedashi Tofu but the tofu was much softer than I prefer.

I would definitely come back here when I have a vegan sushi craving.

Pros: Quality, Service

Authentic, superb food, but poor service - Edit

I love that Midori's has a separate, all-vegan menu (you have to specifically request this menu, of which they have only two copies). I went to Midori's twice, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke that the food was so good. Midori's, along with Tanpopo in St. Paul, are the two best Japanese restaurants in the Twin Cities.

Their edamame is fresh and they also have authentic Japanese plum wines (tastes like almonds!) and beers. I normally don't like vegetable tempura, but their tempura batter is special---it's light, crispy and subtle, allowing the flavor of the vegetables to stand out (Midori's uses interesting vegetables such as pumpkin, squash and bell peppers). They also have a wonderful curry dish (available Wednesdays only) that is savory and filling, with artful presentation of long asparagus stalks, carrots and other vegetables. Finally, their kitsune soba soup bowl was not the best I've ever had, but it was certainly serviceable (Tanpopo wins on noodle bowls).

My only complaint is about their service. Both times we went, our waitress was not attentive, and it took forever to order and even longer for the food. Also, the first time we went, all of our dishes came out at the same time, so we had to quickly eat the appetizers and main courses all at once, while they were still hot. Other than the faulty service, the food is excellent and prices are reasonable. This is a great place.

Pros: Authenticity, taste, All-vegan menu on request

Cons: Not 100% vegetarian, Service

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Midori's Floating World Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.