First Review by Gudrun

The real thing -- full service, friendly, tasty - Edit

Located inside the former tax office, next to a vegan supermarket. Several bus stops close by; by bus, 7 minutes to inner city and 7 minutes to main train station. Very good, fresh vegan food: Chili sin carne, soup of the day, cakes galore, good coffee, lemonades and much more. Quite large space, around 20 seats inside, none outside. Lots of cat pics and figurines, obviously. Very clean and nice place, vegan journals, too. You can bring your relatives, they will like it, too.

yum! - Edit

I got vegan pasta with cheese, daily special, which was essentially vegan Mac n cheese. I've been vegan for a bit over a year and it was the best vegan Mac n cheese I've ever had! Also probably the best vegan cheese I've had. My partner had the enchiladas and really enjoyed them. The vegan grocery store next door is very nice and convenient as well. My meal was less than 6 euros. Very affordable, filling, and good.

Can't wait to come back for brunch.

Yummy Food - Edit

We went there for lunch and found that it was a very good decision. The menu is small but they have a variety of vegan dishes. We had the Spaghetti and the Chili and both were delicious. They also have a variety of very good vegan cakes. We tried the Cheesecake and the Apple Tarte and I wish I could have been able to try more.

The owner is very friendly and helpful, as I ask for the recipe of the Chili, she was pleased to hand it out. She is also an activist in animal rights and provides information. The Cafe is nicely decorated, especially cat lovers will like it. Prices are reasonable.

Pros: Tasty Food, Very good cakes, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Not open in the evenings

Good stuff - Edit

Looking for a place for lunch on the road, we chose this place and have not been disappointed. Nice location and atmosphere, friendly staff and a great selection of dishes. We had the brunch buffet and all was really tasty and creative.

love it - Edit

i visited the cafe with a friend from usa. we tried the "currywurst" and we both liked it very much. we are not vegan, just vegetarian, but we think about going vegan now. after the wurst we ate cake and had two espressi and they wre very good too.

Pros: nice place very pretty, delicious food, friendly staff

Cons: not open in the evenings

Braunschweig: A vegan cat museum + cafe - Edit

"Micky und Molly Katzenmuseum und Cafe" ("Micky and Molly - cat museum and cafe") is a really nice vegan cafe in Braunschweig. The museum part consists of (at least) hundreds of cats in all shapes and materials you can imagine, displayed all over in the establishment, mostly in big showcases along the walls.

The cafe serves a daily inexpensive lunch and a remarkable variety of delicious cakes and other baked goods.

There is a brunch every Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Try the vegan "Mett" (a German speciality normally made of minced pork)!

The cafe features monthly events on various topics, the agenda can be found on the cafe's website.

The staff is friendly and helpful.

Pros: great cakes, friendly staff , nice atmosphere

Return to Braunschweig Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Micky und Molly Katzenmuseum und Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1970 times since Apr 2012.