MiChigo Pizza

• Veg-friendly
Contact 248-439-6195

255 W 9 Mile (at Woodward Ave), Ferndale, Michigan, USA, 48220

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a separate vegan menu with pizzas, appetizers, salads, and desserts; cooked separately from meat. Located in an eclectic community on Detroit's north side. Free Wi-Fi, TVs. Everything made-in-house using fresh produce obtained locally. Uses green friendly containers where possible.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by ieatmodestmouse

Quite good - Edit

My omni man and I stopped in during a slow afternoon at MiChigo to get a deep-dish vegan pizza. (He likes vegan food, too.) The time estimate of 40 minutes was spot on. It would not surprise me if that becomes a low estimate during busy times, because dude, busy. We got the anti-vampire deep dish vegan pizza with daiya. If I'm in Ferndale again, I would probably get one with a wider variety of veggies. But this pizza was good both at the time and for leftovers. It was reasonably priced. The restaurant doesn't have much ambiance (think decor like Chipotle), but I don't go to pizza places for softly wafting music, candle light, or decor on the walls. I go for pizza. And I would go again.

Pros: Vegan deep dish pizza, Reasonable prices, Accurate time estimate

Cons: No ambiance, if you need that., So far away from Canton, Ohio

I was hoping for better - Edit

I applaud their attempt to satisfy vegans with vegan pizza. The people are great. However, the prices are low to moderate due the lack of quality. The Daiya cheese pizza had very little Daiya on it. The pizza sauce is probably the same sauce that is used for the garlic bread, which tastes remarkably like ketchup. There is little evidence of imagination in the preparation of this food.

Fresh Ingredients, friendly owners - Edit

I don't know where else you would get vegan Chicago-style deep dish vegan pizza.
Made from scratch fresh ingredients. Vegan flat bread pizza too. Also daiya cheesy bread, or bruschetta.
They don't serve alcohol, but you can bring your own.

Pros: Vegan deep dish , Friendly owners/staff, Fresh from scratch

Cons: Real food takes time to cook, No vegan meat substitutes

Return to Ferndale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has MiChigo Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1069 times since Oct 2012.