MiaCucina - My Kitchen

Contact 02-88663658

48, West De Xing Road, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan,

Western/Italian cuisine place that often busy and somewhat loud. Menu is in both Chinese and English. Uses dairy and egg but has a few vegan suitable items as well. A 2-minute walk from Zhishan MRT station. Chinese address 台北市士林区德行西路48號. Has other locations. Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Western, Take-out

First Review by mrrfrost

Good food - Edit

I've been here once with three other non vegetarian friends, and they seem to like it as well. The servings are pretty big, and people often order to share. Compared to taiwanese prices for food, this place is not that cheap. I ordered a huge salad that was about 250ntd, but was really good and filling. My friends ordered pasta, which looked good, and it was between 250ntd and 350ntd. The desserts were also amazing, around 200ntd. The staff is really nice, and the atmosphere is good too.

Pros: Good food, nice atmosphere, great dessert

Cons: Not that cheap

Wildly popular - Edit

This MiaCucina was bustling. The menu offers salads, pasta, paninis, flatbreads and many desserts. Other locations have risottos, but not this one. The food is decent, not extraordinary.you should consult the server as to which dishes can be made vegan. The order slip shows a v for possible vegan, but the items are listed in Chinese. The restaurant is a little hard to find - the signage is not prominent.

miacucina (tian mu) - Edit

what amazes me is how my taiwanese friend and her family (all omnivores) ate at this restaurant, enjoyed the food and didn't realise it was vegetarian till later on. indeed, unlike most other taiwanese vegetarian eateries, i didn't observe any overt "vegetarian" symbol on its storefront.

as it was a treat from my friend's mum, i didn't protest against her suggestions of cheese-based dishes and hope genuinely vegetarian cheese is used here.

three of us shared a mexican salad, triple-cheese pizza, garlic mushroom cream-based pasta and waffles. the pizza base was crispy and light. helpings are generous and i found the pasta a tad too heavy for my taste after a while, but my friend's mum enjoyed it thoroughly. as i don't have a sweet tooth, i tried only a bit of waffles - it was crispy yet soft. overall it was a delicious but very carb/dairy-based meal and i'd be happy to return to try other dishes.

reservations are recommended. if it's a busy day, as it was when we went there for lunch, walk-in customers register their phone numbers and will be called when a table is available.

to me, it's a good sign that mindsets are changing when a vegetarian restaurant is crowded when it's not the 1st or 15th of the lunar month. believe it or not, my mum's friend went back to miacucina the very next day - this time with a vegetarian relative.

Pros: friendly staff, a hearty meal

Cons: carb/dairy heavy, crowded, vegans may have to read menu carefully

Amazing food - Edit

For me this is one of the best restaurants in Taipei and the lines and difficulty to reserve a table is testament to the excellent food.

Though the prices may be a little higher than some places in Taiwan the portions are huge.

The food is a fusion of many cuisines and there are plenty of healthy options too.

I had the strawberry and pecan salad which is massive and also shared a simply delicious melted brie. Even the carnivores in our group agreed that it was sensational.

The only negatives is that you get a limited amount of time with the table (about 90 minutes) but this is understandable with the number of people waiting.

Pros: Huge portions, Very tasty, Value for money

Cons: Limited time, Slight slow service, Can be very busy

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has MiaCucina - My Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1497 times since Dec 2013.