CLOSED: Mi Vida Cafe

Contact 305-759-6020

7244 Biscayne Blvd (at Miami MIMO district), Miami, Florida, USA, 33138

Providing vegan and raw cuisine using local and organic produce. Orders are made to order with a view of the chef preparing your meal. Has daily raw desserts, freshly pressed juices, smoothies, and soups. No microwave, frying, or gmo. Call ahead before you go to be sure it's open. FEB 2016 REPORTED SHUT, PHONE NOT IN SERVICE.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by mborrero

Iove at first bite - Edit

Really sweet electric ambiance ! Our waitress Luisa was edible and just made the experience extra pleasant . The sushi was a must and it was better than expected . Our mains were amazing you must try the cannelloni !! We will definitely be back to try other menu items and next time we will share ! Portions are a bit generous .. Loved it over all

Paradise for the vegans!!! - Edit

You won't find many places like Mi Vida Cafe in Miami area.. The food is just delicious!!! The staff is extremely nice.. The place is very cozy.. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants!!! If you are a vegan or vegetarian person you will love it!!!
5 stars from me!!!

Live Vegan Cuisine - Edit

Our flight to Jamaica was diverted to Miami so only Mi Vida Cafe could have mellowed our mood. The organic foods are prepared to order and the Bohemian vibe is chill and positively elevates your temperament. Serving juices, smoothies, breakfast (who doesn't love whole grain waffles?) raw foods, homemade foods and natural desserts, Vida is a safe haven for vegans. We started with the Black Bean Soup and Hummus dish for starters and the Twin Tacos and Canelones de Verdura for the main courses. The Canelones is one of the finest dishes I have ever tasted. I certainly didn't want it to be over. We treated ourselves to the Apple & Chocalate Sweet Crepes for a happy ending to a spectacular meal. Enjoy!

Pros: live, whole foods, wide menu selection, serves breakfast

A bit pricey - Edit

I went here with my mom and uncle who got the Twin Tacos (seitan tacos) and the Mayan Bowl (basic quinoa bowl with veggies and tofu). I got the Canelones de Verduras. These things took almost 45 minutes. All of our food was good but a little overpriced. The waiter also wasn't very attentive. I do not recommend the Lemon chocolate mousse--$11 for a small portion.

Pros: changing menu, variety of desserts, nice atmosphere

Cons: long wait , overpriced

Superfriendly staff, lovely place, yummy healthy food - Edit

The grilled seitan was extremely delicious, we've also enjoyed yummy juices and smoothies and good hummus. The sandwich also was nice, just the quinoa bowl was missing some spices and salt. We've really enjoyed the lovely atmosphere and the superfriendly staff.

I had the raw vegan pizza it was great! - Edit

I've only been there once but the raw vegan pizza was super good, and staff was really friendly. Thanks! Location is pretty far north if you don't live up in north miami.

Pros: Raw pizza!, Friendly

Cons: Location is north

Expensive & Not Filling - Edit

$50 for two people to have breakfast. They had no tofu - a vegan staple. The bread for mushroom seitan burger was rock hard. Sauce on Canolas de verdura was watery and overall the entrée was not filling.

Pros: Healthy Vegan Smoothies, Street Parking Nearby, 100% Vegan

Cons: Expensive, Outdoor Seating Is Rusted, Doesn't fill you up

Well worth the trip off the beaten path! - Edit

Mi Vida Café is not centrally-located, but worth a visit whether you're vacationing in Miami or live there (in which case Mi Vida is worth several visits!). The chefs creatively rework non-vegan plates like sushi and burgers without trying to mock meat and dairy, instead creatively using vegetables and highlighting their diversity and deliciousness! This is also the perfect place to bring a non-vegan/-vegetarian and surprise him/her with how even raw food, done right, is satisfying and energizing! I took my non-vegan stepfather here and he was amazed! We ordered off of the specials menu: swiss chard rolls filled with seasonal vegetables, a quinoa burger, a "naked" sandwich (avocado, sprouts, and other vegetables on a fantastic raw bread...both of our favorites!), and a piece of phenomenal raw carrot cake. Portions are generous, prices are reasonable, and the staff is friendly and clearly passionate about their food and lifestyle and sharing their passions with their customers!
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 19, 2014

Pros: Fantastic specials menu, Great for taking non-vegans, Passionate staff

Cons: Slightly off the beaten path

An amazing experience - Edit

Visited Miami/south beach for the weekend from the Midwest. Used happy cow to find local vegan restaurants. Ended up going to two vegan restaurants. The other one was ok/good. This one, mi vida cafe was something else. The day we were there the owner, cooked for us. We had tons of food and everything was delicious. The pear beet green leaf salad was wonderful. The waffle.... It was so yummy we ordered a second one. The mango wrap was also excellent.

This is the first time I am writing a review online. Been to vegan restaurants in CA, DC, IL, WI, and now FL. This is one of the best vegan restaurants I've been to.

Dr Sassani

Ps - when we went there it didn't have a big sign so if u don't look carefully you can miss it.

Pros: Food, Experience, Staff

Cons: Hard to find

Delish! and gluten free options too - Edit

It's a challenge for us to dine out for vegan gluten free cuisine. Mi Vida Cafe did not disappoint. I had the cauliflower soup very flavorful and not salty like most. I also had the vegan paella. So flavorful and satisfying. Also had the spinach pesto..yummy. My husband ordered the raw vegan pizza. We both shared the coconut cranberry pie. Fresh squeezed grapefruit and carrot juice too. All was very delicious. We will definitely be returning to Mi Vida Cafe!

Pros: 100% Vegan, gluten free options, raw options

Cons: can be noisy during busy hours

I FINALLY got around to trying this wonderful cafe. I loved it. The atmosphere is charming. It has several tables inside, as well as a nice counter to sit at. There is also outside seating. Next door there is a beautiful garden, so it's nice to sit outside and see all the pretty plants. Nice ambiance both inside and outside.

We ordered the Twin Tacos and a special written on the board, Nori Rolls.

The Nori Rolls were SO flavorful. When they came, they were on the plate arranged like a little work of art. They were beautiful to look at (see my photo). I really enjoyed them.

The Twin Tacos were delicious too; a tad spicy. Not real spicy, but I don't like spice at all and they had a bit of a bite to them. They were delicious too. Both items were small.

You can watch the chef prepare the food if you sit at the counter - it's fun to watch; he takes a lot of pride in his creations. The service was excellent. The other guy working behind the counter kept asking if we needed anything explained, and was quick to tell us all the specials of the day - he was so nice and friendly. Later on, the owner came in and she is equally as nice. She goes from table to table talking to the patrons.

The inside was super clean and had some nice character with all the eclectic furniture. It was a busy day (Sunday), but the service was still very quick.

I enjoyed my lunch here, and will definitely be back. I came away feeling as if I had given my body a treat that was good for it!!

If I had to whine about one thing, it would be the high prices. I found the food to be on the pricey side. Our items were very small, and were each $10. Some of the specials on the board were as high as $14. I truly believe you get what you pay for, so it's not something that will prevent me from returning - however, I do take prices into consideration when I am choosing where I eat.

But, I still loved it.

Pros: Amazing food, Everybody who works there is nice, Charming atmosphere

Cons: Tad pricey

Good food, slow slow slow service - Edit

Mi Vida is a small cafe with three tables and a bar. When we ordered only one person was working and seats were only available at the bar. We started with free pressed beet juice, which was sadly watery and did not have the ginger flavor that I like in my juice. The kale chips were spicy and delicious. Finally, the vegan sloppy joe was fantastic, but it should have been at $16. Good food but the service was terrible. Also, the prices were far too high for the portions and service. I enjoyed lunch but won't make a special trip to visit again.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 24, 2013

Cons: over priced , very slow service

Wholesome food! - Edit

I had banana pancakes and a raw pizza and coconut water drink from the coconut. It was a great experience. The food was awesome. The atmosphere is open and urban. The staff was congenial.

Pros: Great selections, Delicious food, Good Location

Cons: A bit pricey

I wanted to eat everything! - Edit

Amazing quality and selection. A bit pricey (the raw living vegan pizza was $12 and I could have eaten at least 2) but you are paying for quality. K was the woman working and told me and showed the process to make the pizza crust, kale chips and cashew cheese. Very sweet and friendly. I'm a fan!

Pros: variety, quality, service

Cons: price

Natural Healthy Meals Made from Scratch - Edit

I have recently become a Vegetarian and I must say that I have encountered some challenges finding the food I want while away from home. The thing is that it is easy to find food choices without animal protein, however, the challenges arise when you want those choices to be healthy as well.

While googling restaurants in my area, I came across Mi Vida Cafe located on 72 St. and Biscayne Blvd. So, I decided to stop by yesterday morning before my 5 mile run on the beach. As soon as I walked into the Cafe, I was greeted with a beautiful smile and they made me feel like they've known me forever. Wow! what a great feeling that was! Anyway, I took out the "Purple Afterall" Smoothie, which is made with fresh almond milk, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and dates, yummy!

Four hours later after being exhausted from running on the
beach, I was in great need of food energy. So, I decided to stop back at Mi Vida's on the way home. This time I had the Lentil Soup with vegggies, and the Citrus Couscous Salad with fresh tomatos, peas, mint, onions, garlic & almonds with a ginger/lemon vinaigrette. I sat at the counter and watched the Chef prepare everything from scratch. I felt as if I had my own personal chef cooking exclusively for me.
She even invited me to participate in meditation classes held today at 11:00 a.m.--who does this?
In conclusion, the food was great, the atmosphere quaint, and the service inviting, warm and attentive. Thank you!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Friendly Service

Cons: Small Inside Dining Space, Entrees prices slightly High, Under Construction

Quaint and homey vegan place - Edit

When my 10 year old daughter thinks of that one delicious thing she had and keeps asking to go back, you know a place is good (in my opinion anyway).

Pros: All vegan menu , Amazing juices , Very cool environment

Cons: Not enough parking in rear, Very cramped

Decent but not for the price - Edit

I am sorry to say this place is extremely over priced. I had a sandwich and drink and it was $20

Coming from LA where you get the same quality food for 10$ this was a bit excessive but in Miami everything healthy is marketed and over priced it seems. I would suggest go to the store and cook at home and get better food and 3x as much. Nice idea just lower your prices

Pros: veg, chill, small

Cons: overpriced, not great, service not great

Vegan Oasis - Edit

From the moment you step into Mi Vida Cafe, you feel a different and vibrant yet tranquil vibe that makes you feel like you arrived at some sort of oasis in the middle of the city. Once inside, the amazingly friendly staff, the tasteful ambiance and beautifully painted board with the specials serve as the prelude to the amazing meal you are about to taste. I enjoy seating at the counter to see Chef Daniela and her staff preparing the meals. The special touch, healthy balance and detail put in the meal preparation is obvious. The menu is complete with delicious options that include fresh juices, appetizers, fantastic main dishes and deserts. Mi Vida Cafe is a lot more than a restaurant and far exceeds other Vegan venues when it comes to taste and food presentation.

Pros: Menu, Staff, Price

Fwesome food, so healthy and so tasty - Edit

This place is pretty good. Food is awesome, so healthy and so tasty. Staff is super friendly and extremely knowledgeable, they're always smiling and having fun.
They have events every now and then and they're fun. Their Facebook blog is fun and gets updated every day with pics, specials, games and health tips.
Everything is made fresh to order and you can watch the chef making your food.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Everything is freshly made from REAL whole food ingredients. Their vegan dishes are amazing: healthy and yummy. We love this place and will go every chance we get!

Pros: fresh, healthy food, Dishes are delicious!, Moderately-priced.

Fresh & Healthful Food - Edit

This is a tiny haven on a busy road in Miami. The menu features a mix of raw and non-raw vegan food. It seemed like each of our dishes was made fresh to order. I'm pretty sure I heard the whirl of the VitaMix minutes before fresh gaspacho arrived at our table. We also enjoyed seitan tacos and seitan sloppy joes. The owner is so kind and she is growing her own organic veggies and herbs in the back of the restaurant. If you want healthful and tasty food that could not be fresher, this is worth the trip.

Very Personal Experience - Edit

Having never actually had vegan cooking this was a great experience. We were the only customers and the owner made our orders as we watched. This was a great treat during our vacation to Florida and a quick side trip to Miami.

Pros: personal touch, healthy cuisine

Vegetarian in Mainland Miami - Edit

Located in MiMO, Mi Vida cafe is located next to Divine Trash, a vintage sort of store... The cafe has a huge side area that has a plethora of space for outside dining. It is decorated in an eclectic mix of treasures and finds. The food is spiced and priced right. Give the daily specials a try. If you are a vegetarian or vegan living in the Miami area and you have (like me) been looking for the perfect place to eat that also can nourish your body. .put your sneakers on now and run to Mi Vida cafe where your life awaits you.. your new food life.

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mi Vida Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11188 times since May 2011.