Mi Lah Vegetarian

Contact 215-732-8888

40 W Skippack Pike, Ambler, Pennsylvania, USA, 19002

Added egg to its vegan menu. Will omit garlic and onion on request. Brunch menu on weekends. Est. 2008 and relocated here in 2015 from 218 S 16th St Philadelphia. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Chinese, Asian, Fusion, Kosher

First Review by nick22penn

Amazing meal - Edit

Some of the best food I've had in the states! A group of 5 all got lunch special (soup + appetiser + entrée) and every dish was fantastic. The laksa was lovely and creamy, and having never had edamame dumplings before they were a nice novelty. Would recommend.

Some of the other reviews have complained about the service- as a traveller here, it was *blissful* not to have the waiter annoying us through the meal, and they were attentive when we needed anything. It's more like quality service as you'd expect it in Australia, rather than the US.

New location, no longer 100% vegan, but still good - Edit

Mi Lah moved very recently to a new location in Ambler, PA (I think they reopened less than 2 weeks ago). I went there today for brunch with my vegan group, 8 people total.

I've been to their previous location in Philadelphia before and really liked it, although the service was really slow. The new location is bigger, nicely decorated, the staff was really attentive and the service was fast -- the restaurant was empty though, so I can't tell what it would be like on a busier time.

One major difference: they are no longer 100% vegan! They introduced eggs on their menu. The vegan dishes are still the vast majority and are clearly marked, but now you have to make sure you don't order the non-vegan dishes.

We ordered a lot of different dishes between entrees and desserts, and everyone was really happy with their food. There were plenty of options for everybody, even for one of our friends who is gluten-free, the portions were big and everything tastes great.

Overall we were very happy with our brunch, and intend to make it a regular event, now that Mi Lah is close to where we all live.

Pros: Good food, lots of options, Good ambience , Attentive staff

Cons: No longer 100% vegan

Graduation Lunch - Edit

Mi Lah is so convenient to the Kimmel Center. Everyone was not a vegan and they all enjoyed the food. It is a small restaurant so if you are a big group, make a reservation and expect fresh food so allow lots of time. Be warned that they use white rolls!!! The appetizers were great as was the phyllo wrapped veggies.

Pros: Convenient, Vegan, Fresh

Cons: Small, Not handicapped accessible

yummy healthy and looks good too! - Edit

Came here for brunch while in town for a chess tourney. In a party of three we tried four items. Everybody enjoyed their dish and the shared item with black beans avocado mango salsa on a corn cake was shared as an appetizer was delish!!!! We will definitely come back.

Pros: lots of menu options what are whole food items, options that aren't limited to fake meat, extremely taste

Cons: decor a bit sparse, bathrooms reportedly gross and no hand soap in dis

Not impressed - Edit

My food was eh - it was a few weeks back so I forget exactly what it was but something about mushrooms in a pastry over mashed potatoes. Wasn't impressed. My friend got some kind of coconut crusted tofu which was reeeally good tho. Service sucked. I'm not one to ever hate on a place, but the server was pretty rude, never checked on us throughout the entire meal, we had to track him down for the check b/c we were sitting there for so long after being done eating. Maybe he was busy? There weren't many tables tho. I wouldn't recommend it.

Pros: Coconut crusted tofu, BYOB

Cons: Staff/Service, Parking (but that's anywhere downtown)

Perfect Brunch - Edit

Visited Mi Lah during my stay in the city with my family. We went for Sunday brunch. I ordered the vegan omelet with mushrooms, spinach, and american cheese. SO GOOD!! The home fries are awesome and the complementary fruit hit the spot. My sister had pumpkin pancakes with blueberry butter and my mom had the tofu benedict, both of which were tasty. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, even as we barged in on them singing.
My only complaint is that it was a little dirty, especially the bathroom. However, do not let that stop you from going because you will not be disappointed!

Pros: Best vegan brunch, Friendly staff

Cons: Dirty

Great lunch spot - Edit

I wasn't so sure when I walked into this place due to the mixed reviews, but it turned out much better than expected and I walked out satisfied. My partner and I split a lunch special (a three-course set meal including a soup, an appetizer, and an entrée) plus a separate order of the Vietnamese hoagie. The sandwich was excellent, definitely worth ordering even though it wasn't on the lunch special. The butternut squash soup was alright, the Indonesian roll appetizer and the tofu-veggie stir fry were both tasty. Our bill was $21 before tip, which I thought was a very good value.

The only downside was the typical Asian restaurant décor-dull, lifeless, and it had a slightly dingy feel to it. This is certainly not the kind of place for date nights or special occasions, but for a casual lunch it ticked all the boxes.

Pros: good food, great value

Cons: drab décor

Brunch is awesome! Avoid dessert though - Edit

The brunch is absolutely amazing! I've never been there for lunch or dinner, because we've always gone for brunch. The brunch food is so good. The Indonesian Breakfast is a favorite! The service is not the best, but not terrible. It's a little slow and sometimes they bring things out in a strange order, so be specific. We had a dessert once and it was awful, so I would probably avoid dessert. You won't need it anyway!

Pros: delicious brunch, gluten free options, not everything is soy

Cons: fair service, bad dessert

Must try Sunday brunch - Edit

The restaurant is overall very good. The entire restaurant is vegan. Even though it is mainly non-American food, every Sunday, they have an AMAZING brunch with American food. They made something imitating an omelet and gave me memories of eating eggs before a became a vegan, and WOWED me because I never imagined you could get closer to eggs than tofu scramble. They also have AMAZING pancakes and French toast and would have no clue is vegan if you didn't know. I was a big diner person before I became a vegan and really enjoy going to Mi Lah for their Sunday brunch. Their other food is great too, but highly recommend their brunch menu.

Pros: AMAZING "omlet' dish

My first all vegan restaurant! - Edit

My trip to Mi Lah was my first trip to an all-vegan restaurant, and I was overwhelmed with the idea that I could order ANYTHING from the menu! I thought it was fantastic! I loved the food and the cozy atmosphere, and especially the BYOB part! I can't wait to travel back to Philly to go again!

Pros: So many options for a vegan to choose from, Lots of gluten free options, Delicious

Cons: Pricey, Need reservations

Good food, pricy - Edit

I only went here once. The food was really good and not your standard vegan fare, but expect to be there for a while and to spend a good amount of money. Great for a nice date/special occasion. Not good for your average meal on a regular night. That being said, the food was really good.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Expensive

First time and last time - Edit

Cold, dark and unfriendly and did Ie room that the food was barely edible? I chose this restaurant based on reviews I read here. When we walked in, the staff left us standing at the door while they cleaned up tables - slowly. The table we led to should have had a candle or something. It was dark, crowded and drafty. We waited a long time for a waiter, or I think he was a waiter since he was most curt. The food was ok. Soup was good. Entres not. Couldn't wait to leave and find a place for some hot tea. I will let American Express know since they also suggested this place.

Pros: All vegetarian

Cons: Physically cold especially the bathroom, Dark and dirty feeling, Unfriendly and uncaring staff

Vegan Brunch - Edit

Went here for Vegan Brunch while in Philly to go to Vedge. Everything was pretty good. I had the tofu benedict with kale. It was good but I would not get it again. Boyfried had the chicken and waffles which he liked. Our friend had an omelette and she loved it. Thanks for the vegan brunch!

Pros: vegan, brunch, big portions

My First Visit - Edit

I ordered the mixed appetizer platter to share, and I liked everything on it. I was disappointed with my main course - grilled oyster mushrooms - because they didn't serve the actual mushroom but instead grilled the stems, which are chewy and lack the complex flavor of the oyster part! The rest of the dish was very good. The atmosphere of the restaurant was wonderful and the service was good. I enjoyed walking around the neighborhood after dinner. I would definitely return, but would try another main dish next time, and hope to give this restaurant a higher rating.

Return to Ambler Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mi Lah Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.