CLOSED: Mi Lah - Tapas & Dimsum

215-309-5135

615 S 3rd St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19147

Asian fusion vegan food, including dim sum and other small plates. Carryout only since early 2017. Reported closed, Jan 2018.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Asian, Fusion, Vietnamese, Take out only

First Review by ZoraySpielvogel

just take-out/delivery - Edit

That's what I was told when I entered here. However, they were really nice and said that I'm welcome to sit and eat there if I preferred. I had the Indonesian Rolls and the Grilled Seitan. The rolls were the highlight - grilled to perfection and tasty as all get out! I'd go back for those rolls alone. I think on my next Philly trip I'll try the Shu Mai, as they sound tasty.

Pros: friendly staff, fast service, creative options

Just Ok as delivery, will try again in-restaurant - Edit

I got take out here thru caviar and it arrived smooshed, (which I could overlook for convenient vegan delivery) of but even the flavors were just ok. The best item was vegan cheesesteak. The edamame dumplings were the worst, couldn't even get my husband to finish them. I used to eat here often in its previous location so I would definitely try again in-restaurant. I have high standards because we are fortunate in Philly to have so many Veg options.

Pros: cheesesteak

Cons: edamame dumplings

Tasty brunch offerings! - Edit

My partner and I made reservations for 11 AM on a Sunday for a party of four. When we arrived, the place was totally empty. There were four tables that seat 4 people each—and that's it for the seating, as far as we could tell! This worked out wonderfully for us, though, as we enjoyed the extra attention and the sense of intimacy it afforded us.

We each tried a different entree off the extensive brunch menu: Corn Masa Cakes, Coconut Belgian Waffles, Veggie Sausage, and Pumpkin Pancakes. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food! The waffle dish (with beer-battered seitan bits—yum!) was the clear winner, though. The pancakes were a little bland & rubbery but the blueberry sauce/butter that comes with them totally saves the dish. (So tart! So tasty!)

We also tried a couple of items from the dim sum menu: Xia Long Bao (soup dumplings; 4 each), Edamame Dumplings (4 each), and Cha Siu Bao (steamed BBQ "pork" buns; 3 each). The edamame dumplings were amazing! Very tasty and highly recommended by everyone (vegan & omni alike). The Xia Long Bao were warm and soupy, perfect on a chilly day. The Cha Siu Bao were a little on the bland side but still tasty.

There are several items on the drinks menu (including virgin mixed drinks—they're BYOB, for better or for worse) but we opted for coffee. We were surprised by the French press that was brought out to our table (as it's not indicated on the menu) but thoroughly delighted. It was brewed perfectly.

Tasty coffee, yummy food, cozy atmosphere. It's a great way to spend a quiet Sunday morning.

I'd love to come back for lunch or dinner and sample their other menus. We will definitely be coming back.

Pros: BYOB

Cons: BYOB

Great addition to Philly's vegan seen - Edit

This is their second location with all vegan menu. Offering nice array of tapas & dim sum. Very cozy ambiance. Reasonable prices for nice portions.

Pros: Fresh tasty food., Large selection & great prices! , Very nice staff.

Cons: Sometimes they close between 3-5.Call befor going.

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mi Lah - Tapas & Dimsum closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.