Mi Chay Vegetarian Restaurant

• Vegetarian
Contact 092-557558

40A St 143 (at St 236), Phnom Penh, Cambodia,

Basic Taiwanese/Chinese vegetarian restaurant. Has vegan options. Has mock meats, dumplings, soups, rice dishes. Little English spoken, but menu labels about half the items in English. Map marker is slightly off, please send us an update.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Taiwanese

First Review by kezia

Tasty Vegetarian with Mock Meat Options - Edit

I live just down the street from Mi Chay and eat there at least once per week. The food is not expensive, between $2 and $3 per dish. I especially like the noodle soup with mock meat. The restaurant is all vegetarian and is frequented mostly by Cambodians and monks.

Pros: Price, Quick, Location

lovely little spot - Edit

I actually love this place!
Food is tasty and really cheap and there's a lot of variety!
Every time I'm in PP I go to this spot, and for usually $3 USD I drink and eat so much that I struggle to walk ahaha!

Pros: cheap, good location

Recommended - Edit

While the hot pot is the order of the day at Mi Chay, they have several soups, rice, and noodle dishes ranging from 4000-8000 riel. Best fried mushrooms in the city and they give you a massive amount for 6000 riel. Fried dumplings are also a highlight and again, tons of them for 6000 riel.

Pros: Food, Portions, Price

Cons: Could be cleaner.

Good local find! - Edit

I was staying on the other side of town, but finding the restaurant on happy cow, I thought it would be good to check it out.
A Tuk Tuk from our hotel (street 152 phnom Penh) directly to the restaurant was 2 US dollars. We were told the maximum we should pay would be $3.(date of my review 23/01/2013)

This restaurant has a very local feel which I like, there is out door and indoor seating.
Almost, if not everything on the menu was vegan.
Initially we thought we had plenty of options, sadly at least 3 or 4 of the dishes I tried to Oder, were apparently not available, which was a bit of a shame, but we didn't let it bother us too much.
the vegetable,Tofu & soup dishes that we ordered in the end were great. Very generous portions too. The kitchen is open for everyone to see (which I always feel is a good sign of cleanliness)
Our meals were VERY cheap considering the portion sizes and ordering drinks with the meal too. The bill came to $3.5 US dollars.

My advice to any vegan would be to just try it! Having used happy cow for so many years myself to find vegan restaurants all over the place, I've noticed that most of the reviews are either very positive or very negative.
As a vegan, I liked this restaurant, but it may not be to other people's taste, so please everyone just find out for yourself. You won't know until you try! :D

Pros: Very local feel, Good portion sizes , Food very fresh

Cons: A little bit out of the centre of Town , Some dishes advertised on the menu not availa, Little to no English spoken.

Return to Phnom Penh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mi Chay Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2219 times since Mar 2012.