Meze 119

727-498-8627

119 2nd St N (at 1st Ave N), St Petersburg, Florida, USA, 33701

Traditional Middle Eastern cuisine with a modern flair. Restaurant is vegetarian and vegan. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Delivery, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by Nicki

small portions - Edit

Service was unacceptable, food was tasty but portions were way too small. I wouldnt eat here again.

Very enjoyable - Edit

I dined with some Omni friends and everyone was impressed. The dishes are small and meant to be shared. There more vegan options than vegetarian on the menu and they are clearly labeled. There was only one server at lunch but he was prompt and attentive. Several desserts were not available but the ice cream was fantastic.

AWESOME FOOD - Edit

This place is really good. First of all one can't find many vegetarian middle eastern restaurants, so we decided to check it out.

We ordered hummus, tabouli, falafel, cauliflower, soup of the day for starters. All the items were very fresh. The pita bread were freshly baked.

Next time anyone comes to St PETE and wants really good food come to this place

Friendly staff and great food

amazing - Edit

Great food.great service!

Must Try! - Edit

Service, environment, and food was all excellent! The food was so fresh and they completely catered to our vegan needs! I was surprised with how many vegan options there were. I got the alfredo pasta and blackened tofu steak with rice and veggies. Seriously! Everything was heavenly. They serve no meat whatsoever which was another comforting fact as a vegan. The water and coffee was fresh and delicious too!

Pros: Excellent Vegan Food, Excellent Environment, Excellent Service

Delicious modern-middle eastern vegan food - Edit

Comfortable, clean atmosphere. Server was super helpful, explained vegan options well, and ensured that I was only served vegan food. We were never left thirsty. The menu is cleary marked with lots of vegan options across the board in each category of food - appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, etc. Food was delicious and filling. Sandwiches come on pita bread. Sweet sesame seed paste with coconut ice cream was a nice, modern twist on the traditional halva dessert. Loved the handwashing music in the bathroom. Haha.

Pros: Food, Good value, Friendly staff

Fresh, healthy options and reasonably priced. - Edit

Fresh, healthy options and reasonably priced.

terrible , expensive - Edit

I went their years ago when first opened and was great , then went their on business. Waiter talked to me non stop. Because I was alone, that is not an invitation to talk with me. Also drunk customers walking side to side with cigarettes. Also food not that good and overpriced . Would not go back. Happy cow would not let me give zero stars.

Pros: if u desperate and only thing open

What an absolute gem! - Edit

I eat here whenever I'm in downtown St. Pete. They have delicious vegan options including dessert and the staff are delightful and so helpful. I wish I had a Meze 119 in north county!
Updated from previous review on Friday June 05, 2015

Pros: Inexpensive , Vegan Selection, Staff

Cons: Only one location

Not happy. - Edit

My falafel was over cooked as well as my partners stuffed pepper. The food actually made me sick and extremely bloated.

Pros: Service, Wine

Cons: Food

just the best! - Edit

i was recently in town for tried every place i could find for vegan food, tried meze last.... best by far!!!!!
just great, un beatable, i was able to order a vegan app entre and dessert!! with meat substutes!!!! just perfect , i had the house made vegan chicken nuggets with fun house made dipping sause for and app, vegan sharwma with french fires for an entree the fries are garlicly and great, and veagan icecream sandwitch for dessert (yes, im kind of just a big guy ) everything was just great, i would have ate there again the next day if i was going to be in town another day, its that good

Pros: great food, great prices , lots of vegan options

The best St. Pete has to offer! - Edit

This is the type of place even a carnivore will enjoy. A staple in the community, with a wide range of delicious items. Everything on the menu is vegetarian and tons of Vegan items! The food is always fresh and seasoned perfectly!

Happy Taste Buds - Edit

The vegan shish kebab I ordered at Meze 119 was full of flavors. I ate slow to savor every bite! Very pleasant and informed wait staff (thanks Steven). Sat at an outside table and enjoyed St. Pete! If I make it back for another visit, Meze 119 will be a must re-visit :)

Pros: Menu variety with numerous vegan options, Staff, Ambiance and location

Cons: It's not in Baltimore, darn!

Horrible Service and Unsanitary Conditions - Edit

Unsanitary Conditions & Worst customer Service! Had sand in my greens and was told that it has happened before by the waiter. Obviously not using proper washing procedures. Owner offered to discount meal 50% since I had taken a couple bites. But owner would not even come out and talk to me. Horrible restaurant everything is reheated in a microwave and has a lousy owner. Luckily they get weeded out pretty fast in this town.

Cons: Owner rude , Bad Food

Great vegetarian restaurant! - Edit

One of the best vegetarian restaurants I have found, even with traveling the US, Canada and some of Europe. The service was excellent and the food out of this world! Meze 119 is a 50 minute drive for me, but I plan to go back every chance I get. Kudos to the owner, too, for running a clean restaurant, which has a very good inspection rating from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Updated from previous review on Monday August 11, 2014

Pros: Great food, Wonderful service

Fantastic - Edit

It was our first time here. We're visiting St Petersburg by boat and just happened to come across Meze 119.

We shared an assortment of appetizers. All were fantastic. There's a nice attention to detail and quality here missing in so many restaurants. Service was the perfect balance of being attentive and not bothering.

We'll only be in town for a week but we'll be back.

Pros: food, service, comfortable atmosphere

Excellent Meze 119 - Edit

Meze 119 serves brunch, Greek, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Vegan and Vegetarian foods. Thanks to the other great reviews here on Happy Cow, my family and I decided to try this place out and were NOT disappointed! Our server was amazing and took the time to go over the menu with us and very helpful. The vibe at Meze 119 was 'unique' and the music was just right. There were a number of vegan items to choose from and I do agree with the other reviewers - the misspelled words kind of got confusing like "sammies' or "meyn", but we figured it out. The Meze-naide was really a great drink to start the meal. The portions were great and each dish and salad were prepared to perfection. We topped it off with ice cream sandwich (vegan ice cream in between two chocolate cookies) and it was a great way to end the experience. We will be recommending Meze 119 and will be back soon!

Pros: Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Nice Vibe

love the food here! - Edit

Try the hummus with the house made green hot sauce!! Petfectly spicy!

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Meze 119 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.