First Review by RachelLouise

Nonvegan food labeled as vegan - Edit

I was pretty happy to find this place when I first moved to the area, but unfortunately, I keep learning that more and more of their food isn't vegan. They label several things on their menu as vegan even though they are aware that they at least need to be modified to be vegan, and sometimes heavily modified, which they don't tell you on the menu. The most important things that are not vegan are the pita and the tahini. They both contain dairy although a lot of the staff don't seem to know about the pita.

The falafel is good. I recommend the falafel and tabouli salad. I like the zucchini fritters, but I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to not actually be vegan.

Pros: falafel, friendly staff, vegan options in a not very vegan friendly town

Cons: not much is vegan, the staff doesn't always know what's vegan

Decent - Edit

This place is great for vegetarians, not so much for vegans.
There aren't many options. I always order the hummus but you may end up with GREAT hummus, or decent watery hummus.
I love ethnic foods and did get the falafel's once, but the flavor was just far too strong for me, my boyfriend loved it though. So I think anyone who loves strong flavors will enjoy that option. I was able to stomach it as long as I smothered it in my hummus.
I have two complaints.
1. There aren't many vegan options
2. The staff isn't 100% informed on what's vegan and what's not.
I hope they begin to offer more vegan options, this place would be GREAT if they did that and had a vegan menu so customers could choose off of a menu instead of asking staff.

Pros: Positive Energy, Huge servings, Great hummus (Sometimes)

Cons: Not many options, Staff doesn't know what's vegan

Return to Milledgeville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Metropolis Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.