CLOSED: Meson el Mirador

Contact 210-3420007

Assilaou 88, Kerameikos, Athens, Greece,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has approximately 8 items on the vegetarian menu which includes tacos, burritos, and chili with beans and TVP (textured vegetable protein). Many things can be made vegan with the omission of cheese. View of the parthenon from the rooftop seating. Address in Greek: Αγησιλαου 88. Nearest cross street is Salaminos. REPORTED SHUT BY MULTIPLE SOURCES. Open . Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

here & mystic pizza, that's it folks! - Edit

You'd expect in a city of 5 million people there would be more vegan, but no... Everyone we talked to says "its not needed, there is so much vegan food in greek food already" meaning eat a greek salad sucka. Head here on your 2nd night in Athens, with Mystic Pizza your first :) Even our hotel turned their noses up at our requests, but made us a cheeseless greek salad w/o olive oil as a last resort... Meson el Mirador is FANTASTIC. Please get a 9 euro margarita and tell me if its the best on the planet so I don't think I'm going crazy... You climb up to the roof and sit outside under the stars and looking at the Acropolis. The bartender phones your orders down to the kitchen. We veganized the mushroom burrito and taco salad and made them healthy, too. We ended up talking on the phone to the women in the kitchen who spoke perfect english. Its an expensive meal, 40 euros for two people, but well worth it, the food is amazing & the margarita unmatched! Everything was so fresh!

Pros: margarita, view, burrito

Cons: expensive

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Meson el Mirador closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2107 times since Aug 2007.