Meskerem

Contact 314-772-4442

3210 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, Missouri, USA, 63118

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian food is served atop of a large sourdough flatbread called injera. Traditionally, no silverware is used and the bread is used to pick up bites of the entrees and side dishes. The dishes also commonly consist of spicy vegetables and meat. There are many vegetarian dishes available, and most vegetarian dishes are vegan. A variety of dishes are made with lentils, peas, and other vegetables.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ethiopian, Non-veg

First Review by SusanFowler

Simply the best! - Edit

I love this place! Whenever I'm in the mood to eat out, this place is on my mind. And I'm not happy that I can't give it 5 stars due to the fact that it's not 100% vegetarian (Happy Cow's rule, not mine). All of the vegetarian menu items (of which there are about 10) are also vegan, which is great. I love Ethiopian food, and this place never disappoints. Eating Ethiopian is very fun and social, and you should try it if you haven't yet. Certain items like the spinach or the green beans seem unique to their menu as opposed to the typical dishes you find everywhere, and they are all great.

Pros: Yummy Ethiopian, all veg dishes are vegan, you get to eat with your hands

Cons: not fancy, but who cares?

THIS IS MY MOST FAVORITE RESTAURANT EVER!! - Edit

Pretty much half of the menu is vegan. The food is ABSOLUTELY delicious! The best Ethiopian I've ever had. I drool just thinking about it. If you haven't tried it... it's a must! It's affordable and has great staff and service. I can not put into words how much I love this place. I wish I could give it a 5 rating, but happycow won't let me... which makes me a sadcow.

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Meskerem closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1526 times since Oct 2011.