Meshek Barzilay

Contact 03-5166329

6 Ahad Haam St, Neve Tsedek, Tel Aviv, Israel,

Vegetarian turned vegan in 2015 (with the exception of eggs as an option). Mostly organic restaurant in Neve Tzedek neighborhood. Gluten-free items are marked. Menu in Hebrew and English. Sit in the darker bar area, the light main room, or at the back patio. Try the big vegan breakfast, one of the organic salads, lasagna, Indian thali, or strawberry crumble dessert. On Friday afternoons a jazz ensemble performs. Note its other location at Yarkonim had shut down.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Israeli

First Review by Epstein

Awesome variety - Edit

We took out daughter here instead of Zakaim which was so recommended because she liked the menu more. I think that was a good decision. We started w a delicious salad of cauliflower with greens, raisins, nuts and chickpeas--it was great. Entrees were a nice seitan pizza, very good but smaller than described. Indian thali was lots of food and very tasty but actually could've been more seasoned. And a veggie lasagne that was delish. The desserts sounded good but just weren't anything we felt like having, so we got cake elsewhere. I know people rave about some chocolate cake here? We didn't see it on the menu. I'd like to give them 4.5 cows.

Pros: Great variety of choices, Very nice servers

Great Vegan experience - Edit

Beautiful location in Neve Zedek, creative and delicious food. Monthly menu.
Great experience for local Israelis, tourists, Vegans and Carnivores.
Don't miss it.

Pros: Nice locations, Pleasant interior , Creative and wonderful food

Super tasty - Edit

I went there to eat a vegan Shakshouka which was lovely and served with a portion of bread and tahini. I had a great juice ( Detox) and there were so many more options on the plate that I wanted to try...
So I chose a vegan pecan cake with coconut sorbet. Delicious.
The place and the atmosphere is beautiful, sunny and cosy, the staff is very helpful and sweet.
Great place!

excellent all-vegan restaurant - Edit

This is not only all-vegan, it is one of only a few restaurants that is open on Saturday.

There was a large selection of very healthy and tasty items. The also have smoothies which are not the same a s smoothies in the US. These were room temperature blender drinks of fresh vegetables or fruits.

The items we tried were excellent. The only recommendation would be to use less salt in the rice-saitan mixture.

We highly recommend this and will go back there if we have time.

Pros: all vegan, very healthy and excellent taste

Cons: very hard to find., we had to ask several whete it is, a bit too muh salt

Completely unexpected surprise! - Edit

Wow! We quite literally just stumbled upon this little gem in Tel Aviv and I am so happy that we did. This is now my new favorite spot in Tel Aviv. Lot's of vegan options to choose from and mostly organic. Really great! The "cheese" plate and the burger were my favs....

Nice staff too!

WOW !! Amazing Vegan Dishes !! - Edit

This is one of my favorites restaurant.
Also non vegan friends like this restaurant.
The food are delicious and you get to know new surprising Flavors.
I like the most the vegi burger , the Indian Tali and the best of the best is the crambel desert .

Updated from previous review on Sunday October 26, 2014

Pros: many delicious vegan dishes, many organic dishes, nice vibe

Cons: There is not kids dishes in the menu

One of the best! Don't miss it! - Edit

Meshek Barzilay is one of the best vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Tel Aviv. Their menu is close to 100% organic as well, and the vegan, gluten-free, and nonorganic items are very clearly marked. They have menus in English, just ask for them. The vegan breakfast is one of the best in Tel Aviv. Their salads are simply excellent, being made of the freshest organic produce. Their vegan strawberry crumble is to die for! They are one of the few places that has several vegan dessert selections. And definitely worth checking out the special of the day if you're there for lunch. There is a parking lot next door for a reasonable rate. The place itself is quaint, and in a fascinating neighborhood of Tel Aviv - Neve Tzedek. If you're into photography, bring a camera!

UPDATE: Meshek Barzilay offers (starting next week) a wonderful vegan cheese plate featuring almond feta, and two creamy soy cheeses which vary: olive, smoked, dill. So delicious that you won't believe they're vegan!

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 04, 2014

Pros: Many vegan options, Great vegan desserts, Delicious salads

Heaven in Tel Aviv - Edit

This is an absolutely delightful restaurant situated in Neve Tzedek, a calm oasis between the Mediterranean Sea and the centre of Tel Aviv. The restaurant is lovely, the atmosphere is very friendly, the service is good and the food is truly delicious. A must for anyone in Tel Aviv who wants to eat vegetarian/vegan.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly service

Amazing! - Edit

It's interesting to eat at several vegetarian restaurants and compare the feel of the place. This is definitely not your crunchy granola crowd, but upper class Tel Avivians that appreciate fine dining. The food was exquisite. My friend ordered the beet ravioli which was one of the most unique yet delicious meals I have ever tasted. He is non-vegetarian and he said it was one of the 5 best meals of his life. The fruit compote cobbler was incredible too. Eat here and treat yourself!

Pros: Food, Presentation, Atmosphere

What a surprise! - Edit

We were delighted to find this little gem tucked away in Neve Zedek. The physical nature of the restaurant isn't much to write about but the food was fabulous. Real vegetarian gourmet food that you don't find everywhere.

We wish them success and wish there we more restaurants in TA like this. You won't be disappointed

Pros: Top quality adventurous food, Good service, Reasonably priced

Cons: Unattractive environment

Return to Tel Aviv Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Meshek Barzilay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4204 times since Apr 2013.