Meridian Cafe

Contact 502-897-9703

112 Meridian Ave (at Shelbyville Rd), Louisville, Kentucky, USA, 40206

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cozy restaurant is the heart of St. Matthews. Menu features a variety of soups, salads, sandwiches, and luncheon-style items. Has many vegetarian and vegan options including vegan milkshakes. Knowledgeable staff. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by Irisprite

Great for Brunch! - Edit

I revisited Meridian Cafe recently for brunch and was thrilled at their vegetarian/vegan options. They are easily found on the menu with a small icon next to the item.

I went vegan when I ate there most recently with the oat cakes with seasonal fruit and agave. They were scrumptious with a side of fruit!

Service is attentive and friendly and the atmosphere is cozy. Definitely a great brunch spot!

great lunch spot - Edit

Meridian is a great alternative to many of the other lunch spots around town. With lots of vegan and vegetarian options and new specials every day, there is sure to be something you will enjoy. I especially love the sandwiches and soups- very fresh and delicious!

Pros: inexpensive, lots of options, friendly staff

Cons: parking

Cute little place - Edit

I do not like to eat breakfast food out so the lunch menu here for me was small. I had the white bean burger, which was really good! They offer gluten-free bread if you need it. I had sweet potato chips on the side, I don't eat fried food so I only had a few. If I return I have the hummus plate, it looks great!

Pros: Vegan options, Cute Place

Cons: Few Vegan Options

Great Breakfast Spot - Edit

They have breakfast all day, every day that they're open! Note they're closed Sundays. Try Steven's Steel Cut Oat Cake - a vegan pancake topped with seasonal fruit & agave nectar syrup. They also have an Express Breakfast Menu between 8am & 11am Monday-Friday.

Vegetarian items clearly marked on menu. Most can be easily veganized if they're not already vegan. And best of all ... vegan shakes!

Delicious! - Edit

Many vegan options and all of their produce and meat are locally, sustainably sourced. I had their white bean burger with tomatoes roasted in mustard and balsamic vinegar. Yummy! Soymilk available and they even have vegan shakes! The blueberry shake was one of the best I've ever had. My carnivore friends enjoyed their food as well.

Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Meridian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2033 times since Feb 2008.