Meow Cafe

n/a

9 Water St, Todmorden, England, OL14 5AB

Vegan cafe opened Mar 2018 serving cakes, hot drinks, and lunch foods. It's a non-profit that donates proceeds to support cat rescue charities. Open Thu-Fri 10:30am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:30am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, International, Take-out, Bakery, British, Fusion

First Review by Impressive Food

Lovely Cafe - Edit

The cafe is run by volunteers, with all proceeds going to Bluebell Cat Rescue, which is such a lovely idea! Everything in the cafe is cat themed, from the staff's t-shirts and cat ears, to the table settings, to the decor. I was already sold before we'd even ordered any food. The place is so cute!

The savoury menu is pretty small (which isn't a bad thing). When we visited, they had two flavours of panini (sausage and caramelised onion / cheese, tomato, and basil pesto), a couple of soups, and avocado on toast. We all opted for the sausage and caramelised onion panini, which was very tasty!

The star of the show here was the cakes though. There was loads of choice and it all looked so good, it was very difficult to choose! We had a selection of three flavours: Toffee Fudge / Orange and Walnut / Chocolate Tart. All the cakes were brilliant. My favourite was the tart but I can't remember what it was called. It consisted of a biscuity crust, a rich chocolate bottom layer, and a top layer that I'm pretty sure was biscoff. YUM!

I also couldn't leave without trying the hot chocolate. This was one of the best vegan hot chocolates that I've had - it was rich and creamy, and velvety smooth. And they have squirty cream and marshmallows!

We will definitely be back - I can see this being a regular treat for us!

(It's also dog friendly, if you are out for the day with your pooch pal!)

Pros: Lovely atmosphere, CAKE, Friendly Staff

Cons: Small savoury menu

new finding - Edit

Visited for first time today. The cake was great, fresh, light and flavourful, and the cheese panini was tasty.
The service was warm and swift and made us feel welcome, accommodating our yappy doggies. Will definitely visit again.

Non-profit, vegan, cats - Edit

A non-profit, all vegan cafe that raises money for the local cat rescue (bluebell) and does afternoon tea, what more could you want?

The afternoon tea was delicious, there was a good selection of savoury sandwiches and not a falafel in sight. The tea was served in a cat shaped tea pot, if that doesn't fill you with joy, I don't know what will . . .

They have a good selection of drinks, cakes and light bites, specials which change daily. Ooo and some rather snazzy wallpaper in the bathroom.

Looking forward to my next visit already 😊

Pros: 100% vegan, non-profit, Lots of choice, Cat shaped tea pots

Onto a winner, here! - Edit

It's only been open a few days, but I have been twice, with more visits planned. The best smashed avocado on sourdough toast you will find, and not a measly portion! Followed by light and beautiful cake. Or stay on for one of the daily specials for lunch and then the best hot chocolate you will find. Great to see a subtly vegan establishment the many will not even realise. Not for profit organisation, all profits go to a local cat rescue centre.

Pros: Delicious choices, Good portion size, Warm and caring staff

Return to Todmorden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Meow Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.