Mens Sana - Barbabietole Rosmarino

02-39663211

Viale Pasubio 16, Milan, Italy, 20154

Restaurant group offering vegan and macrobiotic food, sold by weight. Many choices from starters to cakes. Filtered water, tea, and juices to drink. Small place, primarily take away.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Macrobiotic, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by thewalrus

Delicious but expensive! - Edit

The food was absolutely delicious. My wife and I both had a pretty big plate filled with several different things and we loved every bite! It tastes like hearty comfort food.

There was free water and tea on the table, which was nice. They also provided free bread and a few sauces to dip the bread. Unfortunately that wasn't very tasty though.

However, the experience as a whole was a bit disappointing... The worker spoke English and was helpful, but his vibe was very cold. Not friendly or welcoming at all. There was no music on and the place was empty so it felt awkward and like we had to whisper.

The food is sold by the kilogram, and unless you eat like a small child it's really expensive—especially when considering the food is made in bulk and reheated in an oven and served on a paper plate. My wife and I both had a good sized plate, but nothing over the top, and the total bill was €32. Also, some foods are €21/kg and others are €24/kg, but if you mix the two, they weigh the entire plate and charge €24/kg for everything. This doesn't seem fair and was really off-putting.

If the food was cheaper, I'd give it five stars.

sad food - Edit

This place makes a point about healthy food but it doesn't care mich for taste and presentation.
The food looks a lot the same. All kind of yellow brownish.
There are some good foods occasionally but you never know which ones.
Everything lack seasoning.
The people are very nice though

Disappointing food - Edit

I really hoped for more coming to this place. The atmosphere is relaxed and the guy helping us was very friendly but the food was a little disappointing. This place is quite cheap, so I didn't expect the highest quality of food but I just didn't enjoy the food too much. Ordering the seitan was a mistake. Although the carrot cake tasted great.

Pros: Carrot cake was really good, Staff was very friendly,

Cons: I just didn't enjoy the food

Lifesaver! - Edit

I was on a business trip to Milan and had been taking buses and trams all over the place only to see that Rosmarino was very close to where i was staying and i went in there, really hungry and grumpy and it was like a plant-based haven for my empty stomach and tired head!
I like the idea of weighing the food and paying by the kilo - this way, you can order exactly as much as you will eat, with no food waste and not paying for food you don't eat. Also I could relive my childhood by eating my first ever vegan SACHER TORTE.

If you're ever in Milan, don't miss this gem.

Pros: all vegan, large variety of food, friendly staff

Cons: none

Great Vegan Food - Edit

It was great to find this restaurant in the centre of Milan. They have a huge variety of tasty dishes which one can select and combine into a meal of any size your appetite demands. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we were able to communicate with a mixture of English and Italian. Leave some room for the yummy ice-cream, in particular the coffee and chocolate.

Pros: Value for money, Huge variety of dishes, Tasty macrobiotic food

A fantastic vegan experience - Edit

I could hardly leave the place. Sugarfree sweets, even ice cream; the most wonderful gnocchies I've ever had, and the staff was just ever so kind. I can't wait to go back. It is wonderful that such places exist!

Pros: Excellent vegan food, Healthy cuisine, Good value

Excellent. - Edit

Number one: vegan lasagne. The most delicious lasagne I've ever eaten. Number two: ribollita. Absolutely great. Number three: all the rest! Great food, cozy atmosphere and great staff.

Mens@ Sana - Barbabietola e rosmarino - Edit

Vegan restaurant and take away with a shop (tea, organic product). Small and friendly place. Very yummy sweetness and very good and balanced food. Near to Garibaldi station and China Town. You can eat a complete menu (main courses+tofu+vegetables+cake) with about 10/15 euros. Free water, tea and sauces.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 21, 2011

Pros: healthy cuisine, good food, friendly staff

Cons: small place, too many people at noon

Healthy and cheap - Edit

Perfect if you're looking for a cheap but tasty and healthy meal. You can eat there (water and hot tea are for free on the tables) or take the food away. The place is a bit small so not appropriate for a large group dinner.

Pros: Cheap, Healthy, Fast

Cons: Small place

Return to Milan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mens Sana - Barbabietole Rosmarino closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.