Mendi Restaurant

Contact 01527-861912

Worcester Rd, Wychbold, England, WR9 7PA

Family-owned vegetarian restaurant serving Indian cuisine. Vegan dishes can be modified by cooking with vegetable oil instead of ghee. India inspired decor with soft traditional Indian music in background. All food made fresh to order in-house. Located between Wychbold Post Office and McDonald's. Open Mon-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by LouiseLovesMatcha

Authentic and delicious!!! - Edit

Food was amazing, filled with flavour and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. This place is a very authentic Indian, every dish me and my family ordered had a distinct taste. It is small inside so be sure to book or you might miss out!!!

fantastic food & service - Edit

Came here this evening, party of six. Five meat eaters and one vegan. Excellent service throughout, food was amazing. No problem being vegan, the owner was very helpful in explaining what I could eat. All of us were very impressed with the food. Would highly recommend!

Pros: fantastic food, good value for money, outstanding service

Lovely family run place - Edit

I'm so happy I went to this very nice restaurant with excellent service and food! It's quite a ride to get there but totally worth it!! Nice relaxed ambience, very friendly reception and service and deliciously authentic food from northern India!
Catering for my vegan diet was made super easy for me so that's a HUGE bonus!! Eat - sleep - repeat :)

Pros: Authentic food, Friendly service, Ambience

Cons: too far from where I am!

standard Indian veggie fare done well - Edit

my chana chola was nicely spiced. prices okay as decor is nice. convenient location for motorway. service was a bit slow for me.

Pros: nice food, nice décor, good location for motorway

Cons: perhaps could be a bit more adventurous on menu á

best Indian restaurant ever. - Edit

Must have eaten here ten times at least now and eaten every dish on the menu. Haven't had a bad one yet. Family and staff give a faultless service (special mention must go to Ryan whose skill as a waiter belies his years). Cannot fault this place.

Pros: service, food, mango lassi

Cons: none

The best Naan ever & the best Mango Lassi.. - Edit

I've eaten at Mendi twice so far, having only recently discovered we have a totally vegetarian restaurant in the area.. Yippee!
The freshness of the vegetables, lightly cooked, ie not sitting in pans as with most Indian restaurants I know, waiting for a customer to order, makes all the difference.
I believe they use organic food where possible too. Good menu, lots of Paneer choices. Truly the very best Naan and Lassi Ive ever had. very modest prices too. Lovely Chai.
A small, friendly restaurant run by a very charming family, everyone is seemingly roped in to help.
Great position right next to junction 5 of the M5, in front of a Harvester pub and Holiday Inn Express. I can't bring myself to say its next to a Macdonalds! But it is...

Pros: Individually cooked to order so FRESH, Organic ingredients where possible, Very friendly, attentive service

Cons: I wish they'd opened years ago!

Return to Wychbold Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mendi Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2111 times since Dec 2012.