CLOSED: Memo's at the Point

Contact 707-400-8630

120 Marina Dr, Rio Vista, California, USA, 94571

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dishes are mostly vegetable-based unless labeled otherwise; no animal products used to cook the rice or beans. Vegetarian choices includes burritos, tacos, gorditas, quesadillas, enchiladas, chile rellenos, soups, salads, a portabella dish, and you can request substitutions to replace meats. Moved from Concord, CA. DEC 2014 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by derenberg

don't know if this is fair? - Edit

i went once a long time ago and i am a die hard, authentic, spicy, mexican food, lover, and it wasn't great and i'm not into meat replacements but i extra didn't like the one they served here, might be a good choice for blande food lovers or people who like fake meat, i generally hate fake meat though so i haven't been back.

Pros: not for me

Cons: just not for me

Great place for meat eatters and vegans - Edit

This is a great place for people who have some meat eaters among them. The place is fairly small, but it located right next to a parking garage to make easy parking.

Environment: The head chief was always walking around; making sure everything tasted good. The paintings and atmosphere were great.

Experience: The waiters and waitress were all very friendly, and the girl who took my order realized when I asked if it had cheese on it, that I was vegan and started to explain and suggest what items were really good that would fit my diet.

The mixed drink (margarita) was actually fairly large for the price, and tasted very good.

My wife got a burrito while I had the two items (enchilada and gordita). As option between potatoes or spinach for filling, I got the enchilada with spinach, and the gordita with potato. Both were amazing! the enchilada had a little spice to it from the verde sauce.

OH! the guacamole! this stuff is amazing, and the chips also were so good, we ended up just eating them plain. So you put those two together, and wow, what a combo.

My father got the beef nachos, which he was happy. It had shredded beef, but he claimed it ran a bit light on cheese (i think it was a healthy amount).

My mother got the chile relano, and it wasn't spicy, and she said it tasted good. They also had a chile relano inside a burrito, sounded amazing, but being vegan we didn't want the cheese or egg that was in it.

The price was very good. Mixed drinks were 8 bucks each, and dinner was about $10-13 / entree.

Overall: I would strongly suggest this place as a vegan, and even more so if you have some friends that like meat.

I would rate this place 5 happy cows, because I am vegan for health reasons and this place gives me a way to hang out with my non-vegan friends and still keep my diet.

Pros: Environment, Price of mixed drinks

Love this place! - Edit

Definitely my favorite Mexican restaurant! The parking is good, the decor is colorful and tasteful, and the service is friendly (it's a daughter and pop place). The portions are a good size, not too big, and you can order 1, 2, or three items with rice and beans depending on your appetite. Their soy meat substitute isn't that great, but you can also get potatoes in place of meat and it's delicious! The vegan chocolate cake is to DIE for ($8, but it's totally worth it). They also have a selection of good, though strong, margaritas and other drinks.

Pros: good food, especially the chocolate cake, cute decor, vegan friendly

Romantic, friendly... Plus VEGAN desserts! - Edit

My partner and I spent our anniversary weekend in Concord, and we worried that our options for a romantic vegan dinner would be severely limited. How lucky that we found Memo's! The owner was so friendly and proud of the vegan options for almost every dish - terriffic spinach filled enchilads, potato filled flautas and even meat substitutes (that we didn't bother with). Our only regret - we were too full to try the vegan chocolate cake and blueberry rice pudding!

Pros: great food!, romantic, friendly

Cons: it is concord, can't think of others

Has CLOSED: Memo's at the Point closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1250 times since Aug 2007.