Melting Wok

Contact 082-153-666087

13 Jl. Gootama, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Balinese restaurant is owned by a French ex-pat. There are only three items on the menu: a rice dish, a noodle dish, and a daily special. Both of the two regular dishes are available vegan (tofu or tempeh). The daily special is generally not veg.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indonesian, Balinese, Non-veg

First Review by bthevegantraveller

Vegan coconut curry noodles, yum - Edit

I ordered my coconut curry with noodles, tempeh and mildly spicy. It was delicious! The server I had was knowledgeable about vegan options. I recommend this restaurant highly! It's tiny, so to be sure you can get a table you can email or call for a reservation, 2 days in advance.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-11

Pros: Inexpensive, Close to the main street, Jalan Raya Ubud, Super fresh tasting!

Cons: Tiny restaurant, hard to get a table

Tempeh curry is pretty good - Edit

I ordered a virgin piña colada which was really delicious, super rich and creamy. Also got the tempeh curry, which was quite nice, good flavours and not at all spicy which is what I asked for however the only vegetable in the curry was beans. Good if you like beans, I do not so was a bit disappointed. Like the description states limited menu but staff are very helpful with dietary requirements. Also I got such an amazing portion of rice with my curry, like 2-3 cups. #carbthef**kup

Pros: friendly staff, efficient service, awesome MOCKTAIL list

Cons: limited menu, only vegetable is beans, more expensive than other warungs

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Melting Wok closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 753 times since May 2012.