Melt Bar & Grilled

216-520-1415

6700 Rockside Rd, Independence, Ohio, USA, 44131

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ohio chain offering bar food and grilled cheese sandwiches. Uses dairy but has vegan cheese - ask for it. Bar opens til late.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Vegetarian1994

Almost everything was fried and they don't use a dedicated fryer for vegan items. - Edit

I had heard that they had good vegan options and I was hoping to find something that was remotely healthy that wasn't a salad. I ended up getting with a salad and it wasn't very good.

According to the manager, this restaurant does not use dedicated fryers for vegan items. Since every "vegan" item I could find had something fried that means none of their vegan items are vegan in the strictest sense.

Updated from previous review on 2016-01-25

Pros: the bathroom was clean

Cons: vegan items weren't vegan, very loud

Go buy a can of lard... - Edit

...And eat it, you can get the same experience as eating at Melt without having to set foot in the place. The food is terrible, everything is loaded with grease. I felt like I needed a shower when I was done eating here.

Service was ok, no problem there. This place is just so over hyped and the food is so underwhelming be prepared to be disappointed.

They have their fanboys, who also all probably think Carl's Jr. is the cat's meow. Stay away.

Pros: It didn't kill me..., Exiting the facility, Didn't need skin moisturizer that day

DELICIOUS!!! - Edit

The food is delicious, and there are a ton of options. Everything on the menu can be made vegetarian. We had the Jalapeño poppers and Purple (eggplant) Parma. DELICIOUS! You won't be disappointed.

Pros: Everything can be made vegetarian, Delicious food, Friendly staff

Cons: Loud, Expect a long wait

So many vegan options!!!! - Edit

Nearly all items on the menu appear to be able to be made vegan. VERY vegan friendly! Servers are all well trained on vegan items and what can and cannot be made vegan. This place is awesome!!! A separate menu lists the MANY vegan protein options as well as veggies which can be added to your sandwich. Tofu "wings" with vegan ranch, two vegan soups and so many other things. I would have given this place give stars if I could have.

Pros: very knowledgable staff, many vegan options, delicious huge portions

Cons: very popular, so you may have to wait for a table,

Return to Independence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Melt Bar & Grilled closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.