Mellow Mushroom

Contact 407-657-7755

2015 Aloma Ave (at Semoran Blvd), Winter Park, Florida, USA, 32792

Serves meat, vegan options available. Now carries Diaya cheese. Try the "mega veggie" without feta cheese which comes with toppings including tofu, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and broccoli. Also vegetarian calzones, vegan pizza, salads, hummus and pita, hoagies, and soups. The gluten-free crust reported to be vegan, Oct 2015.

Category: Lacto, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by susanna

Pricey - Edit

Want to eat out and go for pizza with your meat eating friends? This is where you will want to go. It's the only place around I know of that can make a vegan pizza without asking to omit the cheese. They also have gluten free crust. But be warned, if you go gluten free, vegan cheese, and start adding vegetables on the pizza for toppings, the price will go up pretty quick. I didn't go crazy and ended up with an $18 pizza!

Good for regular-type pizza - Edit

My husband loves this place but I have to say that I just like it - mostly because I was never a fan of "regular" pizza. I like gourmet pizza and thin crust types where I can really taste the toppings more than the bread. However, if you are in that category or just like all sorts of pizza, it really is a good place considering it has vegan cheese and TONS of toppings and you can eat with non-veg friends as well. They offer outdoor seating as well as indoor so all around, a good choice for an informal get-together.

Pros: variety, vegan and omni

Cons: average tasting

An Excellent place to eat for all! - Edit

We ordered a medium sized pizza half cheese/half tofu-artichoke, for $14.00 it was well worth the price... this place draws folks from all age groups and all backgrounds. It was clean and very busy, (I'm sure being Saturday night helped) Having our roots in Chicago, we know a good pizza, and this was good... especially the crust, our kids even ate it, soft and chewy, not dry and hard like so many other places. We also noticed how good the hot sandwiches looked as they breezed by the table, If only I knew how this place got such an abnormal name, I'm sure there is a good story behind it.

Pros: Clean and Friendly, Alternative Toppings, Indoor and Outdoor seating

Cons: none found

Best pizza ever - Edit

I crave their tempeh pizza with broccoli and artichoke hearts even 2 years after I've moved from Orlando. Great beers and the staff will offer some great recommendations. If you're vegan, remember to ask for no butter on the crust!

Pros: varied beer selection, best pizzas, can bring your own cheese

Cons: slow if busy

awesome - Edit

Some of the friendliest staff ever!!! Because of this and the awesome pizza (they'll make a pizza with hummus instead of sauce!) we come there so much they made us a heart-shaped pizza. Some of the best hummus I've had! Their hoagies are pretty good, but not my first choice. Sometimes they have vegan cheese, it just depends on what they get in every shipment. Just ask! I love the Mellow Mushroom! I would give it a 5 if I could.

Pros: Friendliest staff, awesome pizza, hummus instead of sauce!!!

Cons: can be a little slow

A MUST!! - Edit

The best pizza you will ever have. My bf and myself go there all the time and order the vegan mega veggie, hoagies, and hummus dip. Just make sure you tell them no butter, no feta, and no parm. to make sure you get the vagan version.

Pros: Great food, Great service, patio seating

Cons: noisy inside

Return to Winter Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1686 times since Aug 2007.