Mellow Mushroom

Contact 480-967-6355

740 S Mill Ave Ste D100, Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85281

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of a chain of hippie themed pizza restaurants, they offer vegan and gluten-free options. The regular white-wheat crust for pizzas/calzones/pretzels is vegan and a gluten free crust is available also. Hoagie bread is not vegan. Offers Daiya vegan cheese, marinated tofu and tempeh toppings/fillings.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by chikfender

Delicious Vegan Options - Edit

Went here today for the first time as a Vegan and was pleasantly surprised. Did my research beforehand and found a Vegan menu on google. We ordered the Thai Dye and asked for Curry Tempeh And Curry Tofu. The chef had never done curry on the Tempeh and was happy to try it out. Let me tell you, it was AMAZING!!! I actually preferred the Tempeh to the Tofu (which is what they normally do). Our waiter was super friendly and made sure to repeat back to us that he understood we wanted our order Vegan. We also got the House Calzone with Daiya Cheese. It was really good too, except they overdid it on the cheese a bit. The price here is a bit high, but the food is really worth it. They also have Groupons available!

Pros: Many things can be Veganized., Chef and Staff is knowledgeable and helpful. , They have Tempeh and Tofu!!!

Cons: Pricey

My favorite place to go with non-vegan guests - Edit

I love this place! I always bring out of town guests here because everyone can find something they like, including vegan and gluten-free options. Typically, I order the Mega Veggie pizza, made vegan with Daiya, leaving off the butter and parmesan.

Pros: Love the pizza, Good for special diets

Cons: Expensive

Good, but what's in it? - Edit

Eh, any place that doesn't disclose its ingredients makes me think they are hiding something.

Decent 'za and calzones, but I want to make sure I'm not eating yoga mats in the bread before I go back for more...

Pros: Tasty, Laid back, Veg friendly

Cons: Questionable Ingredients, Likely MSG's

Vegan Pizza with Daiya Cheese - Edit

Great beer selection in downtown Tempe with a vegan pizza option. Try out the mushroom covered pizza with Daiya cheese. Good stuff!

Pros: Beer and Vegan Pizza

Cons: Tempe douche nozzles everywhere

Great service, food was ok - Edit

The staff was very friendly and understanding of the vegan diet. They offer Daiya cheese, but be warned: they throw a LOT of cheese in there. Personally, I found it to be too much and wished I had ordered without the cheese. The crust was good. The toppings were ok, but could have used more veggies (variety and quantity) and less cheese.

Pros: Good service, Vegan-friendly, Daiya

Okay - Edit

While on vacation we went here. I'm not sure if our waiter wasn't sure of what items were vegan but when I asked he said the very veggie pizza with the gluten free crust was the only option. I was a little sad because they had a tempeh hogie that sounded really good. The pizza was pretty tasty though, they do have daiya cheese. I think they might have more vegan options but you have to get someone who knows more about the menu. The pizza 10-inch was a little pricey--20.00 bucks.

Pros: Daiya cheese

Cons: expensive

Vegan pizza with cheese! - Edit

They have great vegan pizza! It's a little expensive, but that seems normal for pizza. I get the "mega veggie" pizza and substitute vegan Daiya cheese.

Pros: Location, Vegan cheese

Cons: Slow service, Hoagie bread not vegan

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2102 times since Apr 2011.