Mellow Mushroom

Contact 623-580-1111

2490 W Happy Valley Rd, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85085

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie-theme pizza chain offering vegan Daiya cheese for pizzas and calzones, plus pizza toppings like flavored tempeh. Has hummus and salads. Gluten-free crusts may be available on certain days of the week. Full ingredients list on their web site.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by dumpkid23

tasty vegan pizza - Edit

We had two different vegan pizzas. The crust was gluten free and even though we happily eat gluten it was tastier than a lot of gluten free things I've tried. The one we ordered with tofu & Daiya cheese and a bunch of veggies was awesome. We also ordered one with just veggies as my wife won't eat fake cheese or tofu. I found it a bit boring. Could use maybe oil & vinegar on it. We did find a hair on the plain pizza but it wasn't a huge deal and they were apologetic when we pointed it out.

Pros: friendly waitress didn't mind a vegan request, good taste to the pizza

Cons: really only one vegan option (pizza), it was pricy. our bill was about $60 and we only d

Great vegan pizza! - Edit

We had been to Mellow Mushroom in North Carolina and Kentucky, and were excited to have one when we moved here. Their wheat-white mix crust is vegan and one of my favorites. They now offer Daiya vegan cheese, and they don't skimp on it. They have some tofu and tempeh options, though we recently found out the barbecue sauce we enjoyed on the tempeh contains honey. The teriyaki tempeh is vegan though. It can be a little expensive, but the crust is out of this world and makes for a special not-your-average pizza. Dining in is a fun experience, they have a large dining area and separate bar with fun modern decor. Now if they'd only deliver! It'd also be great if they matched some of their vegan pizza competitors such as Zpizza and went organic.

Pros: Healthy options, Very vegan friendly, Great dine-in atmosphere

Cons: No delivery, Not organic

Great pizza! - Edit

Fun place with great selection of salads, hoagies, and pizzas. Although the veg hoagies come with dairy cheese, you can ask for vegan cheese instead. You also have the option of "build your own" salad, hoagie, or pizza.

Pros: fun atmosphere, a lot of good choices

Cons: tends to get noisy

Yess!! Real vegan Pizza! Lots of beer...! - Edit

I have been to Mellow Mushroom 4 times since they opened last month. The pizza and all the veg choices are amazing. The first two times I went I got BBQ sauce base with tofu, Pineapples and Jalapenos, with the Daiya cheese. Soooo good! Then I tried the mega veggie which was amazing too. The only thing was the tofu on it was just that, plain ol tofu, so Next time I'll probably switch it out with tempeh. These first experiences were late night, around 11:30pm. We had to get our pizza to go for reasons unknown. It was super awkward and none of the staff seemed to know when they closed or if they were open. I'm pretty bummed about this because the website says they are open until 2am and 4am on the weekends. I hope they get all this straightened out because there aren't many, if any, late night places to get vegan food. The last time I went was during the day. Happy Hour! They have a great happy hour, half off all beers and they have like hundreds! Yum. My Fiance and I shared the Fun Guy, which is a 5 mushroom pizza with a mushroom vinaigrette as the base and we built our own salad. The food was excellent and the service was good even though it was pretty busy. The Atmosphere is loud, casual, young and fun. I will be spending lots of money there in the future.

Pros: spot on food, friendly staff, so many vegan choices!!

Cons: late night is iffy

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2174 times since Nov 2010.