Mellow Mushroom

Contact 615-342-0044

212 21st Ave S, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, 37212

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie-them pizza chain. Has Daiya vegan cheese, BBQ tofu, tempeh and tofu offered as toppings, along with lots of veggies.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by LindaSteel

Best Pizza Ever - Edit

As a vegetarian (not vegan), it is easy to order something good at almost any pizza place. Mellow Mushroom is the best, though. I love their crust more than anywhere else, and the pretzels are fantastic. I highly recommend the cinnamon pretzels, they are the best. The staff is pretty relaxed and the environment is casual. They also serve Mello Yello, which is much smoother than Mountain Dew. Not all that important to most people but the drink is a rarity in most restaurants. I will definitely continue going again and again.

Pros: Great Pizza And Pretzels, Mello Yello, Awesome Staff

Watch out for bad staff - Edit

We eat here a lot, it is our go to when family wants to go out and don't want to go to a "weird" vegetarian restaurant. The vegan pizza is GOOD and they have lots of great toppings to choose from. That being said, the first time we went there after going vegan, when our pizza came out the cheese looked like dairy cheese. I asked the waitress if she was sure it was vegan and she made a big show out of going to the back to check. She assured us it was. Being new vegans and having heard their vegan cheese was really good we believed her and ate it. The next time we came in and got a vegan pizza it was SO obviously not dairy cheese. The waitress lied to us and it was pretty upsetting. It was about a month after our first experience so I didnt' remember her name or I would have complained. Not cool lady. I will not let that one experience ruin it for us because the vegan pizza is top notch, but please beware of uneducated staff.

Pros: great pizza, lots of choices, good salads

Cons: bad staff experience, sometimes a long wait, parking can be a PAIN

Return to Nashville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2721 times since Jul 2011.