Mellow Mushroom

480-892-1399

1665 S Stapley Dr, Mesa, Arizona, USA, 85204

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hippie-themed pizzeria chain with choices for vegans, including tofu, tempeh, and vegetable toppings for pizza. Also on the menu are large salads, calzones, a gluten-free crust.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Spirit_Vine

false advertisement - Edit

Vegan option my bum. Yes there's daiya and tempeh and tofu. But crust or any bread isn't certified/verified vegan. Yet what wud b in a facility that has animal derivatives-I get that. Everything besides byo pizza has some sort of animal derivative so u have to ask to remove it.
THere r also "v"'s next to items on the menu which is false advertised to me. I take it as vegan but it's not. It stands for lacto-ovo friendly! Hence NOT vegan. Dairy egg vegetarian is a step but not accommodating for vegans. I was excited to try. But just ended up Disappointed.

Pros: wow! avail tofu n tempeh n daiya

Cons: not really vegan friendly in my opinion, not many vegan options. , "v" on menu is almost false advertisement

Good pizza! - Edit

I've eaten here twice. Both times I got a pizza. The crust is really good and I got the jerk tempeh with vegan cheese. They use daiya and there is an extra charge for it which I don't like. There's a $5.99 lunch special pizza M-F which comes out to about $8 with one item and vegan cheese.

Pros: Good crust, many vegan options , it's a chain and it's pretty close to where I live, nice atmosphere, can bring non vegans to eat here

Cons: charge extra for vegan cheese

Return to Mesa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.