Mellow Mushroom - Shelbyville Rd

• Veg-friendly
Contact 502-409-6874

3922 Shelbyville Rd, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, 40207

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie-themed pizza chain. Has veggie pizzas, calzones, hoagies, plus hummus and pita. Options for pizzas and calzones include vegan cheese, tofu, tempeh, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, peppers, sundried tomatoes, and more. Vegans need to be specific.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by xsamx

Thank you for a vegan option. - Edit

The company I work for has been begging to buy me lunch. I always bring my own food, but it was appreciation week for my job title, so I gave in. I agreed to order Mellow Mushroom because it was close by and easy. MM offers many topping choices as well as a gluten-free crust. I ordered GF crust with red sauce, spinach, black olives, garlic and mushrooms with Daiya Vegan cheese. It was just ok... I was not impressed. I liked it but it was really nothing special. This is why I never eat out, my food is always better! I am happy they have a vegan option, but I won't eat there again unless it's for a work or family function.

Pros: Vegan Options, Gluten-Free Options, Many topping choices

Cons: It's just ok

Delicious vegan pizza! - Edit

Louisville's vegan pizza is finally up-and-coming: first we had Uncle Maddio's, then Papalino's got vegan cheese, and now we have the Mellow Mushroom! This place is a chain, but it's pretty delicious either way. Giant vegan pizzas with Daiya cheese, tofu, tempeh, and other yummy veggies. I think they can do vegan hoagies or other stuff too, but I haven't tried it. Day-old pizza was boss, too! Good location, bad parking, but great food. Would go again!

Pros: vegan cheese, tofu, tempeh

Cons: parking, ugly decor

Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom - Shelbyville Rd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1446 times since Nov 2012.