Mellow Mushroom

256-864-2727

470 Providence Main St NW, Huntsville, Alabama, USA, 35806

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie-themed, funky art-filled chain pizzeria. Offers craft beer, calzones, and stone-baked pizzas. Has separate vegan menu with Daiya cheese, tofu, and tempeh options. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Manlyvegan

5 stars - Edit

I have avoided eating in a restaurant for fear of judgement, but our waiter was so accommodating and helpful in assisting me with a vegan order choice.
He took the feta off and added it to the side for our family brushetta, made sure I knew everything I was ordering and how he could accommodate requests. made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. this was the first order in a restaurant besides Chipotle for me.

Pros: You have the ability to order vegan options and th

Cons: There is not a separate vegan menu or a dedicated

Loved the pizza - Edit

Nice place to bring a family, or not. I was with a group that was eating vegetarian, so didn't get to try the vegan options, but those looked as good as the pizza was.

Pros: Vegan options.

Not so good - Edit

Pro: It has a gluten free and dairy free pizza.
Con: Taste is not so good.
Con: Service is awful, at least at the one on Cecil Ashburn Drive. Tried it about three times before I gave up. My kids like the regular pizza, but it just isn't worth the bad service for me to go there and eat this gluten free version. Even Dominoes has a better gluten free pizza.

Good pizza, great beer selection. - Edit

Asked for the separate vegan menu and got the veganized Thai Dye pizza with Daiya, tempeh, cucumber, tomato, basil, and sweet chili sauce, on a garlic olive oil base. Also, pretzels with salt and mustard.

Very filling, lots of dough. The kind of make-your-jaw hurt amount of dough which I'm not the biggest fan of. They also have calzones available.

Happy Hour is a great deal on beers with $1 PBR and $2 Yuengling.

Pros: Good for groups, Beer

Return to Huntsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.