Mellow Mushroom

865-277-0600

903 Parkway, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA, 37738

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie themed pizzeria chain with choices for vegans and vegetarians, including tofu, tempeh (may be cooked with honey), vegan cheese, and fresh veggie toppings for pizza. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by daxamillion

A sight for sore eyes! - Edit

Not only do they have vegan pizza, they have gluten-free, vegan pizza!! A vertible pot of gold to me while on a 2 week roadtrip through this area. Thank you Mellow Mushroom!!

Pros: Vegan pizza in a carnivorous region, Great value, Friendly staff

Awful - Edit

I have been to many Mellow Mushroom locations. I love Mellow Mushroom. I am always excited to see a Mellow Mushroom when I travel. This is easily my worst experience.

The crust was woefully undercooked. If you have ever been to a MM, you know the crust is the best part. I was bummed to say the least. But, the best was yet to come.

I am a vegan and have been for many years. I ordered the vegan crust with onion, tofu, banana peppers, and vegan cheese. This is my standard MM order. When I took a bite what appeared to be some delicious caramelized onions on top of one of my slices, boy was I surprised by the taste of bacon in my mouth.

THEY PUT [edit by staff] BACON ON MY PIZZA!

Nope!!!!

pretty good food - Edit

It's fairly vegan friendly but you have to specify to get anything vegan. They do have vegan cheese but the pizza crust has butter and Parmesan so you have to be clear. Really delicious drinks

Pros: vegan cheese, good drinks

Cons: nothing specifically vegan on menu

Decent vegan pizza! - Edit

Happy to find a vegan friendly place in the area, especially one that serves pizza!! Daiya isn't my favorite cheese, so I was surprised how much I enjoyed the pizza we ordered. I would definitely recommend!

Terrible first experience - Edit

We were wandering around Gaitlinburg trying to find something vegan friendly. The situation was looking rather dire until we came across Mellow Mushroom, which offered a vegan pizza with daiya cheese and tofu etc! So we thought, fantastic!

However, they ended up messing it up 3 x and we left hungry..one had mozzarella on it, one had a bit of feta and there was a bit of sausage on another...they refunded our food but not the drinks bill we had racked up while waiting all of that time!

So, I didnt have a great first impression, but I have been to a Mellow Mushroom in Atlanta and one in Franklin, TN since, and both times I was served good vegan pizzas. Don't let my first experience put you off!

Pros: Offers Vegan pizza and other dishes , Nice artwork

Best Chain Restaurant for Veg*ns - Edit

I came in last weekend and was surprised at how helpful and knowledgeable everyone was when I asked them to help me find a menu item that could be tailored to my dietary needs. Our server(the bartender)offered to swap out any cheese for the non dairy and also knew which pizzas contained extra dairy, such as garlic butter. The pizza we ended up getting was the Holy Shittake, which they customized for us with no judgement. They were genuinely nice and accommodating, and I will continue to eat here whenever I am in the area.

Return to Gatlinburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.