Mellow Mushroom

843-407-1442

120 Dunbarton St, Florence, South Carolina, USA, 29501

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie-themed pizza chain. Has pizzas, calzones, hoagies, plus hummus and pita. Options for pizzas and calzones include tofu, tempeh, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, peppers, sundried tomatoes, and more. Pizza can be made with vegan cheese, hoagies made with tofu and tempeh. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gwild

Wonderful suprise!!!! - Edit

We were setting the bar low(being the only veg option for about 400 miles) but couldn't be happier! A pizza & beer joint with vegan pizza option!!(daiya) Went with the seitan sandwich (leave off the dairy) Excellent!!Yummy fresh bread! And did I mention dog friendly!!!! Plus the staff was extremely nice😊

Pros: many vegan options (pizza to salad/sandwich), dog

Cons: none

Delicious - Edit

Get pizza there once a week with dayia vegan cheese, so yummy! Normally I get spinach and tofu but today I tried spinach and tempeh and WOW so much flavor!!! Loved it.

Pros: Vegan options, friendly staff

cheesy pizza - Edit

Once again this restaurant was in the perfect location for a stop on our route up the I95 so we decided to give it another try.

This time we ordered a vegan pizza with Portobello mushrooms, tofu, and sun-dried tomatoes. The cheese was Daiya. My husband ordered the portobello Reuben. We still rate this restaurant 3.5. Everything was good but we've had better. The vegan crust was thin which I love but we are not huge fans of Daiya cheese. We prefer cashew cheeses.
Mellow mushroom
We just happened upon this place when we stopped for gas when traveling on the 95 highway. (Thanks to the Happy Cow app)
The place is very bright and hip looking. They have many clearly marked vegetarian and vegan items. They offer a vegan gluten free ancient grain crust and they have Daiya cheese. They also have hoagies with tofu or tempeh.

We shared a Holy Shitake pizza for $24 and it was huge. We all thought the pizza had too much cheese and not enough mushrooms. If someone loves cheese this would be perfect for them. Perhaps it would be better if we had ordered something else and asked for less cheese.

My son had the kids meal of French bread with tomato sauce and cheese which I was happy came with apple slices. The portion was huge and he liked it.
I would rate this place 3.5
Updated from previous review on Thursday January 01, 2015

Pros: friendly service, bright colors, veg items clearly labelled

Cons: serves meat

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.