Mellow Mushroom

• Veg-friendly
Contact 850-650-6420

960 Hwy 98 E, Ste 112, Destin, Florida, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A pizza chain that serves pizza, salads, and hoagies. Daiya cheese can be substituted for cheese, have tofu options for hoagies, pizza, and salad. Serves hummus and create your own salad and pizza. When ordering with vegan cheese, staff verified not to add butter or Parmesan cheese to crust. Wi-fi available.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by crewumiami

Very Vegan Friendly - Edit

So glad to have found this place! Vegans on vacation, we thought the Florida panhandle may not be very accommodating. We went on a Tuesday evening. Our server was knowledgeable and helped us select a pizza that could be easily modified to Vegan. This location offers Daiya, not sure if others do as well. Several of the pizzas were easily converted without losing any flavor (other than meat & dairy.)Several of the appetizers could be easily vegan if the cheese were left off.
We got the a hummus plate with veggies, the homemade pretzels(sans the butter/parm) and a large pizza half mega-veggie (it has tofu on it!)half holy shiitake (just ask for the mushrooms to be sauteed in oil instead of butter and crust to be dry) with Daiya. All were excellent. Leftover pizza was even better the next day, especially the shiitake so take some home!
The atmosphere was fun and funky and kid friendly (we have a toddler.) We would definitely go back.

Pros: Vegan friendly staff/ menu, Daiya available, Appetizers

Cons: Most items involve butter, so be clear.

Exceeded Expectations!!! - Edit

SO...happy to be coming to a place with some well reviewed vegan options, and wanting to support them, Mellow Mushroom was on my list. Went tonight. Met Caesar (mgr). Hi!!!

Viewed menu and very and chatted about options, very knowledgeable, which is a great thing! Ordered what I was after having browsed menu online...House Calzone (vegan). Food review to follow. Restaurant, very clean. Kitchen staff openly visible and active. Menu selection includes non-dairy cheese and to my surprise, both tofu and tempeh as protein options if you prefer. Staff very friendly too!

On to food review...

Presentation was very nice. Pizza sauce served for dipping calzone into was VERY tasty. Not sweet like some sauces. Calzone included spinach, mushrooms, sliced tomatoes and daiya cheese.

Very very tasty! My preference, more spinach but that's just me. Maybe order more next time.

Good value for $. Got my dinner, and some left for lunch tomorrow.

Would recommend and will go again to try other options!

Pros: VERY tasty!, Sauce nicely not too sweet!, Clean. Courteous.

Cons: More spinach

A great place for vegans - Edit

Daiya vegan cheese to substitute on pizza. Hoagies with tofu options and large salads that you can create your own. The salads are large enough to share. You can create your pizza with plenty of toppings to chose from. A great vegan-friendly restaurant with plenty of options to chose from. The service can get slow during peak hours, but the staff is great and the food is well worth the wait! The pizza crust is usually topped with butter and parmesan cheese, but when I stated vegan cheese, waiter verified if I wanted that removed. It will be a place I will visit when I come back to the area!

Return to Destin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1639 times since Feb 2011.