Mellow Mushroom

• Veg-friendly
Contact 720-328-9114

1201 16th St (at Lawrence), Denver, Colorado, USA, 80202

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie-themed pizzeria chain that offers a variety of vegan topping choices, including vegan cheese (Daiya), tofu, tempeh, and veggies.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Michael X. James

eating veggies is costly here - Edit

The pizza was ok, but we added some veggies to the toppings and for two pizzas and a salad it was over $60. I'm always sad when veggie pizzas end up being more than the meat pizzas. Service was prompt and the vegetables were fresh. The gluten-free crust is not vegan.

Pros: have Daiya cheese available

Cons: pricey

Satisfied. our Craving! - Edit

3 weeks into our cross country trip, we were dying to eat out and have some good old pizza! We had been to a Mellow Mushroom in Tennessee so were excited to see one in Denver. They did not disappoint! We ordered 2 large pies with tempeh, caramelized onions, artichoke hearts and banana peppers and Daiya cheese. On the menu it says they make their crusts with butter and parmesan, but they happily made it vegan and from what our waitress said, it seemed as if they do it quite often. We all loved the crust, the cheese was melted just right and all of our toppings were generous. The only con I have is the price. By the time you add the vegan cheese (an extra $3) and all your toppings, it was over $25 a pizza. but it was well worth it and we left extremely stuffed and satisfied. My husband loved the beer selection and the kids and I had soft drinks which were very big and included free refills! loved the vibe as well!

Pros: NY style pizza, lots of toppings, flavor

Cons: pricey

Good stop for business travelers - Edit

Mellow Mushroom is just a couple blocks from the convention center and hotels. Although the soy cheese isn't on the menu, they do have it if you ask. The 10" Mega Veggie pizza ended up being big enough to have 1/2 for dinner, and then take the other half back to my room for breakfast and a snack the following day.

Pros: soy cheese, service, value

Cons: soy cheese not on menu

Good food, good service, good times - Edit

Stopped in here while shopping on the 16th Street Mall and loved every minute of it. Lots of fun beers to try on tap (do the $5 sampler if you're unsure). The servers are very friendly and happy to help. It's not ultra hippie in there either. Very cool design on the interior.

Pros: Vegan pizza, Beer, Service

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2816 times since Jan 2012.