Mellow Mushroom

706-322-4602

6100 Veterans Pkwy, Columbus, Georgia, USA, 31904

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie-themed pizza chain. Has pizzas, calzones, hoagies, plus hummus and pita. Options for pizzas and calzones include tofu, tempeh, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, peppers, sundried tomatoes, and more. All pizzas can be made with vegan cheese. Many options for hoagies made with tofu and tempeh. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Alisha764

Very Vegan-Friendly - Edit

They make a point on their online menu to express their respect for and intentional accommodation of vegans. This is manifested in their menu, as there is an entire vegan section as well as easily modifiable non-vegan items. They have a build your own pizza option, but it can get really expensive because you pay by topping. They also have different marinade options for their tofu, as well as Daiya cheese. Their pretzels are also vegan and if you tell your host you are vegan they will not put butter or Parmesan on them.

Options but watch out - Edit

The last time I went to this restaurant they put cheese on the pizza I ordered even though I asked for no cheese. Normally I wouldn't mind having to wait but they did not even offer an apology :(

I also heard some who had a gluten intolerance ordered what she thought was gluten free but was not.

I am not sure if they keep ingredients separate when prepping. Finally, when I went they did not have have vegan cheese, tofu, or seitan.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 27, 2013

Update on 12/27/14:Atmosphere nice but charges extra for vegan cheese!?!? No notice about extra charge before order either. Other mellow mushroom don't charge extra. It would've been fine if I'd been told about the extra charge when ordering or when I called ahead to ask about the vegan options. They did ask if it was an allergy and if food needed to be cooked separate.

Cons: charges extra for vegan cheese

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.