Mellow Mushroom

919-929-1941

310 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, 27516

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie themed pizzeria chain with choices for vegans and vegetarians, including tofu, tempeh, and fresh veggie toppings for pizza. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:30pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by dinosaursr

Thai Dye Pizza, vegan style - Edit

My favorite Mellow Mushroom pizza is the vegan version of the Thai Dye, using curry tofu and Daiya cheese. Sometimes I add spinach to make it a little healthier. It's delicious and I don't even think they charge for the vegan cheese which is great. They also offer a tempeh hoagie, but I haven't tried it. The staff at the Chapel Hill location are pretty knowledgeable about what vegan means, but sometimes the servers will try to upsell you on a non-vegan appetizer or dessert, after you've clearly ordered a vegan pizza. So, they could use a little more training on tailoring their upsell to the customer's interests.

very accommodating! - Edit

I had a nice experience at Mellow Mushroom last night and felt like I should share. I ordered a vegan version of a pizza that came with feta on it and even though my waitress said she said "no cheese" it came back with what looked like feta crumbles on it (despite it having been made with Daiya..?) Anyways, I know a mistake like this would be a turn off for a lot of people, but they were so sweet to me about having messed up my order. They brought me complementary vegan pretzels to munch on while I waited for them to redo the pizza, comped the whole pie off of the bill, and then made me a little pretzel man as a surprise because the waitress overheard us saying it was my birthday dinner. So even though the first pie they brought me wasn't correct, the way they handled messing up my order was awesome! Just wanted to share what a positive experience I had with their staff (:

Pros: Daiya cheese option, Great staff!, Vegan pretzel option

Cons: Initially messed up my order

Return to Chapel Hill Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.