Mellow Mushroom

205-212-9420

1200 20th St S, Ste 100, Birmingham, Alabama, USA, 35205

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie-themed pizza chain. Has veggie pizzas, calzones, hoagies, plus hummus and pita. Options for pizzas and calzones include tofu, tempeh, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, peppers, sundried tomatoes, and daiya cheese. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Non-veg

First Review by Cidmonster7

Yummies - Edit

We get pizza here all the time. My favorite is the Thai Dye Pizza with tofu. They offer vegan Daiya cheese and Gluten-Free crust. If ordering regular crust for pizza/calzone, be sure to specify no parmesan and butter to make vegan. They get confused if you just say "no dairy." The staff is always really friendly and they have an awesome beer selection. Generally plays 90's alternative rock, which is my era.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Friendly Staff

Cons: Sometimes they get my order wrong, Very cold temperature inside

YAY for Mellow Mushroom! - Edit

I usually have my monthly CAARP meetup here and we all love it.

This place is more than willing to meet your Veg needs. The waiters are so nice! I have yet to have a bad experience there!

One of the pizza makers in the back is Vegan and makes sure that your plate is animal product free!

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Great atmosphere, Great beer selection

Return to Birmingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.