Mellow Mushroom - Ballantyne

• ( 8 reviews )

14835 Ballantyne Village Wy Ste 150, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28277

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hippie-themed, sit-down dining pizza restaurant. Has vegan cheese, tempeh, and tofu for pizza and hoagies/sandwiches. Order from the pre-designed menu or build your own. Other menu options include a calzone and hummus and pita. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by greenshoes

Adiqua78

Points +41

31 Dec 2019

Very Underwhelming and Frustrating

The online menu lists "vegan favorites," which are already listed as vegan, but the in-house takeout menu does not list these. I ordered over the phone and specified at least 5 times that I'm ordering off the vegan menu. Finally got my order home and it had cheese on the salad and mayo on the sandwich. I called and they remade my order but the gal who helped me said she doesn't know the difference between vegan and vegetarian. There at least should have been some indication that I need to modify the order when placing it, but it was already listed as vegan online. So frustrating.

emalveauxm

Points +38

19 Apr 2019

Mixed review

First time experience today, we chose the restaurant based on other reviews. There have been changes, no separate vegan menu and no vegan or veggie burger. My husband had a pizza with vegan cheese he enjoyed it very much. The server did remember to ask if he want garlic butter and Parmesan on the crust. I had the Greek salad minus feta and mushrooms. It was tasty but I wanted the vegan burger. If you’re looking for pizza it’s a worthwhile trip.

Pros: Good vegan pizza

Cons: No vegan menu, No vegan options on the kids menu

NelehEsynce

Points +66

05 Jun 2018

5 stars

The app won't allow me to add 5 stars??🤔 However, the atmosphere and the food is amazing! It's located right off of the beltway so it's super easy to find. My family and I had vegan cheese pizzas, hummus and pitas as well as veggie sandwiches that were super delish! It's a nice family friendly spot for good food and good times!

Pros: amazing food, great energy, nice location

Cons: none

Britfun67

Points +44

04 Jun 2016

Love this place

They are very Vegan friendly - the pizza is great and yummy vegan cheese. They can pretty much veganize anything for you and even have a separate vegan menu. They know have vegan burgers but I have yet to try. Service is good but slow. Food takes ages.

Pros: vegan food, vegan food, vegan food

Cons: non vegan food, takes forever to get food

ClearlyDemented

Points +31

16 Feb 2015

Very flexible

Easily customized a pizza to make a very tasty vgan pie. Our waitress was very accommodating and informed me that, even though the gluten-free crust says vegan all over it, it has eggs in it. You can however get the regular crust made vegan by asking them not to add the parmesan cheese (and butter?). I got the olive oil/garlic base with all the veggie toppings from the mega-veggie pizza, subbing tempeh for tofu and asked for just a handful of Daiya cheese. It was perfect. No, it's not health food, but when three-quarters of your meal is veggies, it can't be all that horrible for you. It's at least much better than a dairy pizza would be.

LRBS

Points +9

Non Veg
20 Sep 2013

Good Food, Limited Choices

I have been trying the "veg-friendly" restaurants in the area. The Mellow Mushroom was far more so than the other 2 I have tried so far. However, It did not really have the healthy choices I was hoping to find. Everything was bread or dough.

They do have vegan cheese. They do not have whole wheat crust.

The service was OK. The food was very good. But the Veg-Friendly/Healthy option (while by far the best I have yet found) are really not that good.

Pros: Food Taste, Atmosphere

Cons: Healthy Choices, Veg veriety

Guest

23 Feb 2013

Great Pizza Place

I love that they opened this close to where I live. I finally can get a vegan pizza. The service is not very friendly (my multiple experiences) but the food is very good. I would recommend this to herbivores and carnivores alike. :)

Pros: Good Food, Reasonable Prices, Vegan options

Cons: Service

greenshoes

Points +464

24 Dec 2012

Vegan with or without vegan cheese

They always do a no-cheese vegetarian pizza for me which still taste really good and not blunt at all (like in other places). However, I found that when I add the vegan cheese and tofu, the pizza is very rich and not so vegan-dry.
Place itself is also nice and the service good.

Pros: Vegan on request, Good pizza

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom - Ballantyne closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.