Mellow Mushroom - Ballantyne

• Veg-friendly
Contact 704-369-5300

14835 Ballantyne Village Wy Ste 150, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28277

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie themed pizzeria chain. Menu includes a few vegetarian sandwiches and a vegan tempeh sandwich plus soups, soft pretzels, and veg pizzas or build your own pizza. The walls of the restaurant are covered with colorful images of mushrooms.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by greenhexi

Love this place - Edit

They are very Vegan friendly - the pizza is great and yummy vegan cheese. They can pretty much veganize anything for you and even have a separate vegan menu. They know have vegan burgers but I have yet to try. Service is good but slow. Food takes ages.

Pros: vegan food, vegan food, vegan food

Cons: non vegan food, takes forever to get food

Very flexible - Edit

Easily customized a pizza to make a very tasty vgan pie. Our waitress was very accommodating and informed me that, even though the gluten-free crust says vegan all over it, it has eggs in it. You can however get the regular crust made vegan by asking them not to add the parmesan cheese (and butter?). I got the olive oil/garlic base with all the veggie toppings from the mega-veggie pizza, subbing tempeh for tofu and asked for just a handful of Daiya cheese. It was perfect. No, it's not health food, but when three-quarters of your meal is veggies, it can't be all that horrible for you. It's at least much better than a dairy pizza would be.

Good Food, Limited Choices - Edit

I have been trying the "veg-friendly" restaurants in the area. The Mellow Mushroom was far more so than the other 2 I have tried so far. However, It did not really have the healthy choices I was hoping to find. Everything was bread or dough.

They do have vegan cheese. They do not have whole wheat crust.

The service was OK. The food was very good. But the Veg-Friendly/Healthy option (while by far the best I have yet found) are really not that good.

Pros: Food Taste, Atmosphere

Cons: Healthy Choices, Veg veriety

Great Pizza Place - Edit

I love that they opened this close to where I live. I finally can get a vegan pizza. The service is not very friendly (my multiple experiences) but the food is very good. I would recommend this to herbivores and carnivores alike. :)

Pros: Good Food, Reasonable Prices, Vegan options

Cons: Service

Vegan with or without vegan cheese - Edit

They always do a no-cheese vegetarian pizza for me which still taste really good and not blunt at all (like in other places). However, I found that when I add the vegan cheese and tofu, the pizza is very rich and not so vegan-dry.
Place itself is also nice and the service good.

Pros: Vegan on request, Good pizza

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom - Ballantyne closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1266 times since Sep 2012.