Mellow Mushroom

• Veg-friendly
Contact 706-828-5578

1167 Broad St (at 12th St), Augusta, Georgia, USA, 30901

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hippie-themed pizzeria chain. Offers veggie topping, 2 veggie pizzas, and 5 veggie hoagies. Might have tempeh and ask about vegan cheese.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by s4hawkins

Awesome food! - Edit

Wish I had taken photos, but it looked so good I dug right in. Had the tempeh hoagie, hubby had avocado hoagie without provolone. So good!

Pros: tasty food, cute place, good wait staff

Cons: music little loud

Best hummus ever! - Edit

I always remember to let the server know to "veganize" whatever I order. Their bbq tofu is amazing on a salad, sandwich, or pizza. And recently I was told they had a vegan cheese option, so it makes it all the better!

Good lunch - Edit

I had a negative first impression of Mellow Mushroom when I first ate there a few years ago. I don't know if their menu has changed or what, but I really like eating there now. Their sandwiches are tasty and healthy (well, vegetable-packed at least). They have several vegan-friendly varieties including tofu, tempeh, avocado, and mushroom. The MM in Evans even has Daiya cheese now!
The service can be hit or miss but is never awful.

Pros: good sandwiches, inexpensive

Slow Service - Edit

We got there an hour before closing thinking this was plenty of time to be served a couple of pies after work. We waited for fifteen minutes before I decided to go to the bar and order. The bartender would not take my order unless I was going to drink and eat at the bar. So I asked if she could send someone over, she of course said yes. We waited another fifteen minutes before another person in our party went to the bar to ask for service, and finally, at 10:35, our drink order was taken. They were apparently fighting about whose table it was. Anyway, I've been to Mellow Mushrooms in other hip southern cities and I have always loved them, this one just had terrible service. Great pie though.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Slow, Rude, Slow

Return to Augusta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1306 times since Feb 2008.