Meimen Tea House

Contact 02-23216677

38, Lishui St, Da-an District (at behind Shida University), Taipei, Taiwan,

梅門麗水食堂, at 台北市大安區麗水街38號, is a vegetarian cafe located on the premises of the Meimen Arts & Ethics Academy, a chi-kung practicing organization. Enter from around Alley 123-128 of Sec. 1, Heping East Road. Nearest MRT is Guting. Food is vegetarian and vegan; uses cheese in a few dishes. Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Taiwanese

First Review by vtraveller

Very annoying with their sect - Edit

It's the less expensive of the 3 meimen in Taipei. But it's still more expensive than the others vegan places. But the place is pleasant and comfortable, the food is very good and the portions generous.
That I don't like at all it's one of the waitress and one of the customer pressed me to try their class of Qigong, they talk too much about their master and they think of course they are right and I'm wrong. In fact, these people have a vegan diet to follow their master who eat like that only for Health. They wear leather and they don't understand we can be Atheist and Vegan for Animal Rights on our own. Also, there are people who work in this place for free, they call that "volunteer" !!!

Great place, great food, nice people - Edit

I was thrilled to try this place and it lived up to my expectations! It shares grounds with the Meimen Chi Kung & martial arts school and has a separate tea house and restaurant in a beautiful contemporary space. The food was great, very filling, and clean flavors. If you order the set meals you get a few side dishes to go with the meal. I loved the Mahjong noodles and it's one of the best I've had while in Taiwan. The staff were friendly and spoke some English.

Pros: Great Food, Nice ambiance, Friendly Staff

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Meimen Tea House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2325 times since Nov 2010.