Mei Shin Vegetarian Restaurant

03-8352993

75, Min Guo Rd , Hualien, Taiwan

美欣素食 is a large vegetarian restaurant that serves both Taiwanese-Chinese dishes as well as western style food like waffles, ice cream desserts, sandwiches and fries, afternoon tea. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm. Lunch 11:30 am-2:00pm, afternoon tea 2:30pm- 4:30pm, dinner: 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Chinese, Taiwanese

First Review by HaileyPoLa

best vegetarian spot in Hualien! - Edit

I must say, this is by far my favorite vegetarian restaurant in Taiwan! I would say that this is one of my top three favorite restaurants in my life! My favorite dishes are the sweet steak also known as orange chicken and the hedgehog mushroom, which is crispy and super flavorful. All of the dishes that I’ve tried have been very delicious and amazing! I wish this restaurant was in California LOL. Everyone that’s vegetarian needs to know about this place and try it out. The prices are a little bit more higher. But they are meant to be shared with a group so that you can try out all the wonderful dishes that they have to offer and split th bill at the end. Seating is cool i’ve been here 4 times already in a span of 3 days lol! I’m seriously going to miss his place as this is my last night here in Hualien.

great food - Edit

We ordered the sweet and sour yam, toon eggplant, golden mushroom, curry of some sort (on the specials insert) and spinach quesadillas. The eggplant was the favorite of the group! The golden mushroom was delicious as well. I did not try the quesadillas (had cheese), but I was told that they were not the best. The yam was not flavorful, but it was ok with a lot of the sauce on it.

The service was great. They were very helpful in letting us know what on the menu was vegan. The potion choices were also great. We had 4 in our party. We got 2 medium sizes and 3 small sizes. This was enough for all of us to be full and have some leftovers.

Pros: great food, great service, portion sizes

Good food with many vegan options - Edit

Mei-Shin is a large vegetarian restaurant that serves plenty of vegan options, including toon eggplant, sesame pancake, fried tofu, noodles, and different types of stir-fried vegetables. Only some options contain eggs or milk, and the owner told me they're in the process of updating the menu to include "vegan", "lacto-vegetarian" and "ovo-vegetarian" next to the dishes.

The dishes are very Chinese-style, which remind me of some Buddhist restaurants in Beijing.

We ordered 4 dishes and rice and paid about USD 30. The staff is friendly and helpful when I asked about vegan options.

Pros: atmosphere , staff , food

Cons: a bit expensive compared to other similar restaura

Return to Hualien Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mei Shin Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.