Meet in Gastown

Contact 604-688-3399

12 Water St Unit 115, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6B 1A5

The 2nd location of Meet (on Main), opened Feb 2016. Fully vegan since Aug 2016. Most items are gluten free. Selection of alcoholic beverages. Located in the inner courtyard. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Beer/Wine

First Review by vegancookbookaddict

good food, great service - Edit

Busy when we went about 1300-1400 but we were able to sit at the bar with the kids that was nice. Staff was incredibly friendly. Rachel and I had the double-bacon-double-cheese burger which we both enjoyed. Kids split the mac&cheese (huge serving size), and I was able to get the left overs after they were full. Location and atmosphere were good, price was slightly higher than the usual vegan fare. We would return again.

Pros: food, service, atmosphere

Cons: slightly higher prices

YUM - Edit

Went to Meet in Gastown with a group of omnivores and I think they may have loved this place even more than I did. The atmosphere was fun. The food was delicious (cauliflower with tamarind INCREDIBLE). Burgers were loved by all and the beet salad was yum!!

Pros: Casual, Great atmosphere, Variety

I thought I had ordered my last double-bacon cheeseburger a long time ago. - Edit

Not so, thanks to Meet! Their double-bacon (coconut & seitan) cheezburger was so authentic that it even fooled my omnivorous spouse.

Pros: a veggie menu that even non-vegs will love, traditional omnivore menu items made veggie, great atmosphere

Cons: can get crowded

Awesome Burgers - Edit

What an awesome welcome back to Canada. Our friends took us here on Canada Day right after a long flight from Germany. The portions are huge! So many good burgers, it was hard to choose. I got the Meet Burger(I think that's what it was called), so good with onion rings in the burger! The fries are also really good and come with chipotle mayo. I think they're all vegan now(yay!), according to the menu, as I didn't see any options to add dairy cheese. The atmosphere is also very lively and cool. Drink prices were a shocker after having lived in Europe for a while, but that's everywhere, not only here.

Pros: So many burgers!, friendly staff

Amazing food! - Edit

I was recently in Vancouver for a short vacation. Meet in Gastown was so good, we ate there twice! The food is both flavourful and plentiful. The mac n' cheese burger was really good, the jalapenos were a perfect touch! The gravy on the fries was really tasty as well. The bar makes some interesting drinks, such as a watermelon julep. If you only eat at one vegan restaurant when you're in Vancouver, then I highly recommend that you make it Meet in Gastown!

Pros: Amazing food, Incredibly friendly and informed staff, Huge portions

Cons: They ran out of cronuts!

Delicious Vegan Food & Spiked Floats! - Edit

I'm SO happy I ate here! The food was delicious, and they had both comfort food (variety of burgers and fries) and healthier bowls. I also splurged and enjoyed a rum-spiked root beer float, which was incredible. Fun place with a hipster environment, but not pretentious. Can't wait to go back on my next Vancouver trip!

Pros: Amazing Vegan Food, Fun Atmosphere, Yummy Alcoholic Drinks

Great Place - Edit

It's so nice to be able to go somewhere and know that your food isn't going to be contaminated by meat cooking a mere inch away from your veggie burger. This place is the best veggie joint in Vancouver hands down. I have been to Meet on Main several times and keep going back. This location is just as swell. One thing I noticed is they've scaled back on the portions. the one thing I liked was being able to take home leftovers. Maybe they are saving on food waste which I definitely support but for the price I feel like I should be able to snack on it the next day.

Pros: All veg, nice atmosphere, great food

Cons: a bit pricey, lesser portions than before, serves cheddar cheese

One happy vegan! - Edit

Great atmosphere, super friendly staff, and delicious plates of food. What more can you ask for? Portions are large. I got the angry burger and my husband got the bbq'd burger. Burgers come with a side salad and fries! Everything is vegan, unless you add non-vegan cheese. We'll definitely be going back before we go back home!

Pros: portion sizes, numerous options, atmosphere

Cons: kind of loud inside

this place rules. - Edit

I am a big fan of Meet on Main. I went to Meet in Gastown for lunch and it kicks ass just the same. I normally eat the Macro but I decided to go with a burger today. Double Bacon Cheeseburger. Super yummy. Great, friendly staff. Just go.

Pros: super yummy food.

Cons: it is a sit down restaurant so not great for short

Amazing vegan comfort food - Edit

Meet on Main has been one of my faves since it opened, and I was thrilled to find out at the soft opening that the food at Meet in Gastown tasted exactly the same! I had the double bacon double cheeseburger, which comes with salad and a ton of fries with delicious chipotle mayo. It's so nice to be able to get a veggie burger without worrying about hidden animal ingredients or the burger sharing the same grill with meat.
This location is much closer to me than the Main location, and I predict that I will be spending a lot of time here. Either location is a must-try while in Vancouver!
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 07, 2016

Pros: absolutely delicious, attentive staff, reasonable prices

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Meet in Gastown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.