Mee and I Asian Tapas and Noodle Bar

Contact 07448295222

45-47 Castle St, Cambridge, England, CB3 OAH

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan menu items are marked 'Ve.' Menu states that kitchen will cook your food in separate pans if you ask. Serves a variety of food with large portions. Atmosphere is open, ethnic, with an upstairs space that can accommodate large groups. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Ovo, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by corinal

lovely! - Edit

I would give this 5 stars but the app doesn't allow this as the restaurant is not exclusively veg/vegan. The staff here are really nice and there are plenty of Vegan options to choose from. The bean & edamame starter was delicious, as was the Kimchee fried rice I had as a main. The portion sizes are really generous which is great if your hungry! I can't wait to return next time in town to try the ramen, which looked delicious as well as popular. Well done Mee and I!!!

Pros: really tasty generous portions, great staff, good value

Cons: alcohol not labelled if suitable for vegans (altho

This is a must if you are in Cambridge - Edit

I was so excited to find this amazing noodle place in Cambridge! There were so many vegan options on the menu that I had a really difficult time narrowing my choice to just a few. Ended up with lots of leftovers because the portions are so large, so what is already a cheap meal becomes even cheaper because they will feed you for lunch the next day. Loved the (mountain of) tempura vegetables and their delicate sauce, the phad thai was good and so was the yasai yaki-udon. The staff were super friendly, knew exactly what vegan was, and checked with the cooks about my trying to make some of the non-vegan items vegan (like the laksa curry). I’m really looking forward to going back and trying all of the other vegan items!
Updated from previous review on Monday January 04, 2016

Second visit: tried the Satay Mee and it was nice, but not the most flavorful. Also had Japanese Kare shiitake and trio tofu and it tasted good, but seemed like we could have just gotten curry powder and made it at home. Preferred items: vegetable tempura and Phad Thai.

Pros: Great vegan selection, Delicious food, Large portions

Cons: Some dishes could do with more flavor

Return to Cambridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mee and I Asian Tapas and Noodle Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1566 times since Jan 2016.